Finally. We crashed last night, it was a busy day and a little stressful. That first plane ride with a baby is hard, particularly when you are all crammed in together and your baby has been sick and you have NO idea how they will react to flying. Did I mention that there was no leg room? I think with this particular 737 plane they added 2 rows of economy seats. Dh's knees were touching the seat in front of him, Katie was about 3 inches from the back of the seat in front of Dh....and it was sitting up and not laid back.
Katie is feeling better. The orphanage doctors were pleased with how she was doing, but did not like the cough or runny nose (neither did we). I had decided to start the anti-biotic the ped had given us as soon as we got to Guangzhou (adverse reactions on the plane were not something I wanted to deal with). The orphanage doctors gave us some amoxicillin and a decogestant. We started that instead.
Our hotel is the Asia International Hotel in Guangzhou, and the "breakfast buffet" (which I need to get to as it's 7:45am here) is on the 45th floor. Yes...45th. We are staying on the 33rd, and it's REALLY high up.
We have our medical exam this morning, then we're going shopping for drinks and such (and boy do I need them...about to pay 35RMB for evian water through the hotel bar....that's about $5 for about 20 ounces of water). If I can hold out the water bottles run about 2.60RMB in the grocery store. Okay, I know the .60 liter cokes are 2.60RMB (that's umm....about $0.30 per .60L Coke). That should tell you how desparate I am if I'm willing to pay 35RMB for a 20 ounce bottle of Evian! LOL
When we have our break this afternoon, I will work on photos. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
OK...JMHO...you should never use "crashed" and "plane ride" in the same paragraph! :) LOL Glad everything is going well!
Post a Comment