with a toddler is interestngi...takte the words typed hd. Katie is helping, mostly by hitting the delete key, or teh shifskey or the Up or down arrow key, so it makes it quite interesting.
She is now coming to me without crying, even when I pull her from Dh's arms. :) She smiles at me, talks to me, laughs with me, and plays. She is eating really we0ll now. She devours whatever food I put in front of her, and I'm trying to make it gentle type stuff. She LOVES squash casserole though. She loves her brothers and watches them
intently. She does not like hairbows or the like however. I'm working on it though. It's a battle of wills, and at this point I'm not sure who has a stronger will. Me or her.
She likes her clothes so far, and smiled and wanted to wear her dress this morning. Of course her options were limited, so don't read too much into that. With family visiting this past weekend, she was great. She went willingly to her grandfathers, but didn't seem to want to go to any of the women. She did smile at them though. She is relaxing more and more each day, and accepting us more and more. Dh is still her very favorite, and late at night when she wakes up he is who she wants.
Nights are still a little rough for us, she is going to bed around 8pm and waking up around 1am. She gets scared at being alone, and we soothe her back to sleep. She wakes up again around 3am. Again, we soothe her to sleep, but mostly she ends up in bed with us as we're exhausted and have learned that the every 2 hour pattern will hold for the rest of the night. If we have her in bed with us, she stays asleep (or quiet) until we are ready to get up. It works for now.
Katie is extremely curious about her surroundings and has managed to de-deck the lowest foot of our Christmas tree. She's pulled on the ribbon, and tasted it. Slowly, but surely, the lowest 3 feet of our home is being explored...and put up higher out of her reach. It's amazing that you think your house has been baby-proofed only to discover how little you actually did.
Samuel is trying to learn how to "gate-hop" these days, and it's not easy. I'm trying to figure out how I am going to block the top of the stairs without leaving permanent markings on the railing/spindles. The wall I could patch. We need a walk-through something for Samuel, but I'm just not sure what I'm going to do for this area to baby proof. I know it won't be for very long as we will teach her how to navigate stairs, but I'm sure it will be longer than I think.
Pictures will be coming...soon I promise. :) Just have to get them off the camera's card, and honestly I want to include some of Christmas as well.
I hope you all have a WONDERFUL Christmas!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey girl! Glad to hear Katie is starting to warm up to you! Praying that you all get a restful sleep soon. I hear you about the stairs! LOL
Post a Comment