I just spoke with Carla. They're at LAX and weren't allowed to board the China Air flight because United forgot to print out paper tickets. They were confirmed on the China Air flight but without the paper tickets, China Air wouldn't allow them to board.
Since they had their luggage and couldn't enter the gate area, they were stuck in the seats outside ticketing all night. The airline offered to put them up in a hotel but they would've only had a couple of hours and were afraid they wouldn't wake up in time.
They're now scheduled on flight UA 889 LAX to San Francisco and San Francisco to Beijing, arriving in Beijing at 3:35pm on the 8th. Per the United site, the flight number from LAX to SFO is UA 1152 which then connects to the UA 889 flight to Beijing.
As we were saying goodbye, the United Customer Service people were arriving and Carla was off to beg for an upgrade so they could get some sleep on the flight.
I'll keep you posted!
Friday, December 07, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
ugh-so frustrating!!!! We live in the San Fran area-I wish I could run up and give her a hug!!
Thanks for the update - I pray they only have safe and uneventful travels from here on out.
How AWFUL!!! I will be praying that the rest of the trip goes much better.
Lillyth
Post a Comment