Monday, December 03, 2007

3 more days

We had a great weekend, but I didn't sleep much (well at night). I'm battling some insomnia as everytime I lay down I start thinking...3 more days. In 1 week I'll have Katie. 3 more days to soak in as much of my boys as possible to last me for 2 weeks. I'm going to miss Samuel's snuggles, his sitting on my lap and playing with my hair. I'm going to miss JM's aloofness, his "entering the phase of life where it's not cool to have Mom give me a hug anymore."

My boys. I know they are going through their own emotions regarding what is going to happen in 3 days. JM is excited, but a little nervous. Samuel is clingy and already missing me. Thank goodness they have some of the best grandparents on the planet, people who love them as much as I do, and who will keep them so busy that I probably won't hear from them every day. Even if I do hear from them, they will not want to talk very much. I know this from previous experiences of leaving them with the grandparents.

So, 3 more days and we'll be on our way. 1 more week and we'll have Katie. 3.5 more weeks and we'll be home. I'm looking forward to being home. To having this trip behind us all, so we can start settling into being a family of 5.

Those wondering how we're doing on our "list"

Christmas cards are ready to be mailed, to about half the list.
Our bags are packed.
Laundry is caught up, and the boys are going to be packed tomorrow.
Kitchen is clean
Dining room is clean
Christmas shopping is basically done
Decorations are up

Slowly we are getting there, things are being crossed off the list.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Carla said...

Hey O family, just deleted this comment because of the last name. We try to keep this as private as possible!!!

You are so right though about how slowly the time seems to be going, but when I think back to when I met up with you, I can not believe it has been 3 months!!