Thursday, December 13, 2007

Hotel Bound

Katie has been a little sick, and we chose to stay in the hotel yesterday (no photos all day can you believe it?). We did go to the orphanage yesterday afternoon to visit the doctors there to get her checked out - cough, runny nose, fever, and some vomiting. We were concerned because she rejected us feeding her for almost 2 days, and the nurse traveling with us agreed that she appeared dehydrated.

They gave her a shot, handed us some meds, and gave her a 4 ounce bottle of what she is used to. We got the bottle (she's super picky about things like that), and the guide had the hotel make the "egg milk" like she is used to as well for us. She also ate quite a bit of congee last night as well. She kept 12 ounces down yesterday, fever broke, she smiled and danced for us. Her cough is much better, still there, but better. She slept well last night. The orphanage docs wanted us to bring her back Friday morning for another check since we are flying to Guangzhou tonight.

We were chastised greatly for not enough layers so I am making sure she has plenty today. ;)

I will try to take more photos today, it's been a little hard with how she's feeling and how she is still rejecting me. Although she did prefer me over the orphanage director and doctors. She smiles at the other females in our travel group, and plays with them. Which means that it's not all females she is rejecting, just me. Which means she knows there is something special about me and it is related to her attachment to her foster mom. If Dh is not around, she will accept me and let me care for her. So there is that.

Today is "relax" day according to the guide, so we check out around 3pm, catch our 5:45 PM flight to Guangzhou (about 1.5-2 hour plane ride). Get into Guangzhou hopefully with enough time to get her some food before we fall asleep.

I will try not to forget photos today. I do have a LOT of photos from Wednesday when we visited the Stone Forest. Gorgeous there, and so much to photograph. :)

4 comments:

The Princess's Mommy said...

Oh bless her heart! I hope today is a better day!
Love,
Monica

Anonymous said...

I know it is hard being rejected, but try to take comfort. When I first met my daughter (she was 13 mo.) she wanted only daddy. It is different for everyone, but as soon as we returned home she became a mama's girl. :) Give it some time and see what happens. She may end up being a daddy's girl, but she could also attach to you greatly. You've only known eachother for a few days. I am praying for you all! I look foward to the pictures. You are an amazing photographer.

Lana

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Hope that she is feeling better soon...

bbmomof2boys said...

photos....photos....photos....photos....

:)

Having Little T reject me is one of my biggest fears! Take it easy - one day at a time!

Hugs!
Carla