Monday, December 10, 2007

Our Sleeping Beauty



We don't really have any photos from the time we got her until we put her to bed. We spent too much time just soaking in the glory that is Katie. Okay, honestly, she ran us ragged! Our travel companions were laughing at dinner because we had half the table cleared off in front of us. She's quick, loves to grab things she is not supposed to have, and then grunt when displeased we took it away. She loves to shake her head no at me, especially when I put a bottle in front of her. The wrong kind of bottle mind you. We've tried 3 with 4 different kinds of nipples.

24 comments:

Beth said...

YEAH!!!! So excited for you all!! She's just as beautiful as we knew she would be, and you look so ecstatically happy!!! Congratulations!

Jenny Thrasher said...

She is breathtaking. Congrats!

Jeanne said...

She's so beautiful and perfect! I'm so happy for you Carla! NO MORE WAITING!

Margie @ Smiles Forever Photo said...

She is soooooooo beautiful and does my heart so good seeing her in your arms.. CONGRATS!!!

Prayers for a safe trip home... M

Gina said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

She's beautiful and I'm so glad to hear she's now with her new parents and starting to bond with the family. Can't wait to see more pics!

Anonymous said...

She is precious. Congratulations, I can hardly wait to see her in person!

Lisa said...

Carla!!! Good things come to those who wait, right? :) She is an ANGEL. Congrats!!

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

There are no words to express the look of a child sleeping... what gorgeous photos...

Anonymous said...

WOW, What an adventure so far!
She is so beautiful. I can't wait to meet her. You said that she would like Britt better!!
Praying for a peaceful trip home.

Anonymous said...

How wonderful for all of you!!! Enjoy your time together and have a safe trip home, (maybe a "sippy" would work better! LOL). Thanks for keeping us updated, it has been so much fun to follow your adventure!
The Hoffman Family

Ariel said...

She's gorgeous! Those lips are beautiful! So sweet! Congrats! Prayers for a safe trip headed your way!

Laura said...

I am so excited for you, she is an absolutely gorgeous baby and worth every second of the wait!!!

Congratulations!

Carla Lewter said...

So happy to see Katie in your arms at last. She is a doll. Enjoy every second of your trip, I know you will. You are in my prayers.

In Him,
Carla Lewter

Unknown said...

Carla.... she is beautiful!! I'm so happy and excited for you all!! Congratulations!! I can't wait to see more pics.

Anonymous said...

Oh I can't believe you finally have her!! We've been waiting and praying for this day. I called DH over to the computer and had to compose myself before I could explain that we'd met at MB's a few months ago and showed him the photos! She's just so beautiful. Love the image of her asleep - those little pouty lips are so kissable. Congrats you two - Happy, happy Day!!! Blessings - Debbie

Anonymous said...

How wonderful! We are so happy for you. She's adorable!

Anonymous said...

YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY. I can't wait to see her in the strawberry sweater!! You and B. are *beaming*

Amber Schmidt said...

Carla I am so happy! I am just in tears! Katie is so beautiful! So glad she is home in your arms!

Norman, Cheryl, Olivia said...

Oh Carla she is georgous. How exciting so happy for you and your dh. Congrats

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you! Your comments take me back to our adoption experience. Have a great and safe trip. See you when you get home. She's gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

She is a gift from God! We are so thrilled and happy for you! Congratulations from Cradle Roll, FBC and from Ed and I!!!!!

Corrine said...

What a precious angel- Congrats to you and your family. Katie has no idea just how lucky she is. HUGS

Anonymous said...

Oh. MY!!! What a beautiful babe! I am so VERY HAPPY for you two. You look just sooooooooooo happy!!! *sigh* pure bliss!