and jet lag is kicking our rears. Exhausted during the day and can't sleep at night. Katie seems to be adjusting better than we are, but then again she was still sleeping a lot in China - 8-10 hours at night and 2 naps during the day. At home right now it's more like 3 long naps a day. The flights were okay, very bumpy on all 4 flights. Only delay was in Houston, and it was less than an hour. We did have to go through security 4 times on the way home, at each airport. Mainly due to various reasons - getting on the airplane in Guangzhou, switching from domestic to international, from international to domestic, changing terminals in Houston. Such JOY filled our hearts in Houston when we realized that we had to go through security AGAIN. LOL
She's feeling much better, Dh and I are getting over a cold/chest congestion as well. We're not sure if we caught a cold or if it was all smog/cigarette smoke/mildew induced congestion. Whatever it is, we're clearing up!
Katie is eating much better now, and does like baby food as well as her Chinese formula. She still wants to be held all the time, which is hard on Dh as she only wants to be held by him. We did find out that she will sit in her high chair and play while are in sight. I'm thinking a walker might be in our future as she seems to enjoy sitting and playing in that kind of thing. She is NOT happy sitting on the floor playing with toys.
One thing we have noticed is that she does not seem to have the ability to really roll over well, nor can she get to a sitting position from laying down. She can walk, but she doesn't seem to know how to get from laying on the ground or sitting to standing. She does seem to know how to crawl though. I'm hopeful that she does know how to do all these things, but the adjustment to us and having been sick has prevented her from showing us these tricks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Welcome Home! I enjoyed following your journey to sweet Katie! The jetlag is rough...give it about a week or so....
Merry Christmas!
Monica
I'm glad ya'll are adjusting to being home and now getting to see more of her in a setting more familiar to ya'll. It'll be no time before she's in the swing of things and owning the place!
WELCOME HOME CARLA!!!! I'm so happy you're home and ready to really begin as a family of 5. God Bless You all!! xoxo
Glad you made it home safely. Jet lag does get better! I know that you are just GLAD to be home.
If Katie really cannot roll over right now, I assure you that in days she will be able to. They catch up quickly. Can't wait to meet her.
Shawna
Welcome Home Princess.. Im sure happy that you all are home and will Celebrate Christmas all together... Many Continued BLESSINGS... Hugs, M
Post a Comment