Saturday, December 15, 2007

Medical Exam and Paperwork

That was all we did today...well and go shopping at Carrefour (much like Walmart). It's very interesting how they have their store set up. Instead of being spread out on one level, it's multi-levels with escalator ramps for the carts. You start at street level and go down. Our guide here helped us find a few items we specifically wanted, such as a Children's CD with the song "Little Rabbit" that Katie has been trying to sing. The Nannies at the orphanage told us the name of the song. Katie really seemed to enjoy listening to it.

The Medical Exam went well, it was a little chaotic but I'm told it is normally like that. Katie weighed in at 20.4 pounds there with a 17 inch head circumference. The interesting part was when we were having her physical exam done the doctor was listening to her heart. He asked, "Operation?" and when we said No he went back to listening. Listened hard again, then asked "Operation?" and again we said no. He called another doctor over to listen, and she asked "Operation?" and when we said no, she listened REALLY hard. Something was said, and while we were not able to get it translated it sounded like "maybe little" is what she heard for the heart defect. So, it sounds like her PDA might have closed and they were hearing the valve regurgitation. I'm looking forward to having her evaluated at home by our doctor though.

Since she has had a fever we had to disclose that, and the doctors wanted to know all about her recent illnesses. We also had to show them the medicines the orphanage doctors gave us. Luckily her temp there was normal there.

The nurse we are traveling with suggested that Katie might be allergic to the American formula, and we are beginning to think that may be it. It would produce lots of coughing and lots of mucous which is what we have been seeing lately. Good news is that she has kept down more than she did yesterday! Moving in the right direction, but she still does not feel good at all. I am hoping that she will be up to going shopping with the group tomorrow. Otherwise I guess Dh will spend the morning in the hotel room with her.

Pictures to follow....I'm slow I know. Funny story, when I was loading up the camera bag for our flight to Guangzhou I found our point and shoot camera! LOL Guess we did not lose it after all. See, what happened was, when we boarded the plane for Kunming I had trouble getting the camera bag under the seat, so I took things out of the side pockets (where the point and shoot camera was). I stuck them in my coat pocket, and thought I had zipped the pockets closed. We got to our hotel in Kunming and started filling out paperwork (there is LOTS of paperwork for adoptions), and I asked Dh to take a photo with the point and shoot. He asked where it was, I told him in the camera bag. He looked and did not see it, so he asked where else. I told him "OH my coat pocket." It was not there. I never checked the camera bag again. Oh well. We could have had more photos of Katie as it was easier to tote around (like to restaurants and such). It's all good though. We have it now. :)

No comments: