Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Great Wall photos - FINALLY

It's only been a few days since we went to the Great Wall, but I finally had some time to sit and work with them. The Great Wall was just so amazing that I wanted to try and show that in some of the photos. It was also VERY cold, and what better way to show that than by cross processing. :)

Hope you enjoy these.

Normal kind of shots of Great Wall





Better watch that step guys!!



Between the rather steep stairs was some rather steep inclines. Literally you were walking up the hill at a huge angle to the ground. If you saw it from the side it was hilarious, at least to me...or that could very easily have been sleep deprivation mixing with thiner air making me giddy.



The steep stairs (what the guys were standing at the top of). What made these worse is that one step might be 1-2 feet tall, while the next was 6 inches. Hard to find your rhythm climbing those.


We made it to the top like conquering heroes...winded heroes.



This is us with one of the families we traveled to Yunnan with. We're really having a great time with everyone.

4 comments:

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

What nice photos... I am really looking forward to climbing the Great Wall one day... whenever that will be... what a gorgeous little girl that you have... take care

The Blaszczynski Family said...

Congratulations to you guys! I love getting to see all these precious babies! Mom has kept me updated on your journey and I am so happy you're finally there! We'll be there soon too, I will enjoy following your journey home with your precious Katie!
God Bless,
Amanda Blaszczynski

Anonymous said...

Do you know how incredibly happy I am for you??????? We continue to lift you up and can't wait to rejoice with you in person! Much love,
Hope

ForTheLoveOfOrphans said...

How nice it is to see such smiles on your faces! Thank for sharing your adventure - Katie is adorable! It's also very nice to see where we'll be any day now! God Bless!
Love, Angie Hendren
(day 15 waiting for the TA, but who's counting?)