Yes, we're still without phone, internet, and cable in the house. But really, the cable was never going to be here so I shouldn't count it. Thank goodness for the internet capabilities of the crackberry. Yes, tethering is good. Could be very expensive, but good.
On the phone front, we're going to go over our allotted minutes for this month. We have roughly another week and less than 30 minutes left. It's not good. There have been too many different kinds of phone calls since we moved, and it's all adding up. Plus the business phone calls. Yikes. It's the first time in over 5 years we've gone over, so I doubt we need to up our plan minutes right now. Perhaps in the future.
We already have some minor house issues. A few dings, a couple of smudges, a scratch in the floor, and oh yeah...a water leak. The dings, smudges, and scratches are really just touchups and to be expected when you move. The water leak? It should fall under the home warranty thing. It better at least. It will be a headache though getting it all fixed.
How many boxes have I unpacked? Quite a few. We have the kids' rooms pretty much settled and unpacked. Nothing on the walls yet. The office is...well...sort of unpacked. There are still boxes out. The "living" areas in our home are mostly unpacked. Our bedroom has about 4 boxes left. I have way too many photos to hang though, and no idea where. I need someone to help me with that! Not to mention I need to purchase a few others (especially from the recent session we did).
We're getting Christmas decorations up.
I would say we're about 3/4 of the way unpacked. It's that last 1/4 of stuff that will take forever. The kids seem to all really like this house. Which is good. I will like it so much better once photos are hung, leaks are taken care of, and we're all unpacked. 100%
Until then....I just want to bury my head in the sand a little more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Oh Sweetie - you KNOW if I were close enough I would be over helping you unpack and hang pictures!!!!
oh I know the dings are no fun. You want everything to stay sparkly beautiful and perfect but then life comes along.
I wouldn't feel bad about the minutes its the first time in a long time. You have saed money not having cable etc so hopefully it won't be too bad.
Oh I can't imagine trying to decorate and move I admire you for that one! I would probably be skipping on the tree!
By next Fri I bet you have TONS done!
All the unpacking wil get done soon enough. Just take a deep breath and let yourself rest. Enjoy everything!! I love the picture on the your header, it is just priceless.
Love , Kristy
Hey, you've made a huge dent in unpacking! That's awesome!Sorry to hear about the water leak. I am so dying to talk to you, it's not funny. It won't be long and we'll be able to gab away. LOL
Post a Comment