I don't like change. I really don't. I get all anxious, and emotional when big changes are going on. I get weepy. I get all sad about leaving a house behind. You know...that kind of thing.
Samuel, we learned this past weekend, is just like me. We were sitting in the new house Friday night with our small loads of kitchen stuff and such. He came downstairs and knelt down on the floor. I heard the slightest little hitch, and looked over.
He was trying to hold back the tears.
He was sad to be leaving our home. He wasn't sure if he would really like this new house. He loved his home. He didn't mind sharing a room with JM. He liked how close we all were.
He was scared. He didn't like the change. Yet, he was also excited about the possibilities of the new house...but really, only when JM was around. JM is thrilled. JM is more like Dh in regards to change, they embrace it fully.
Me & Samuel? Eh, we take a little while to warm up to it. We're all discombobulated. We're all anxious and weepy, and sad about the silliest things. Like I'm going to miss our "growth wall" and even thought I wrote down the heights...it's just NOT going to be same. *sniff*
Looking forward to tomorrow...and my Thankful Thanksgiving post. I have so much to be thankful for this year. So very very much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Poor little guy and mamma too! It won't be long and you'll all be in the grove of things. You'll have everything unpacked and decorated and it will look familiar.
Going from sharing a room to having your own room can be kind of scary too. He is such a little cutie.
awww Jacob is like that too.
I know you are going to create some wonderful memories in your beautiful new home.
Very sweet. I hate change too and felt exactly the same when we upgraded houses. I long for the days where we were all smushed together in the same little house. Plus it was a lot easier to clean back then...
Awww... such a sweet boy. you know, you're such a good baby namer... because Samuels, to me, are always sweet, sensative souls... and yours totally lives up to the name.
I hope you all quickly find your new house to be a Home.
Hope you get used to the newness very soon. We measured the kids on our basement door, so we moved the door to our new house (easier than moving a wall!).
Love your new look to the blog.
Happy Thanksgiving, enjoy the new home! Kath
I am all about change! I too love it like your other two fellows.
However, each time we move, it takes a few holidays in our house to make it feel like home. You are just in time to celebrate many upcoming holidays!! Make them big, fun and meaningful!! Start a new growth wall!
Blessings to you and yours....Happy Thanksgiving!
Bless your hearts, I promise things will get better.
Have a blessed Thanksgiving.
Love and blessings, Kristy
Post a Comment