
One of my friends, and an amazing photographer at that, Beth Valentine took our family portraits yesterday. Even more amazing, she had a sneak peek up on her blog last night!
Can I say that she totally rocks. Truly rocks. Not only did she have to deal with my indecisiveness on clothing choices, but she had to pick the location as well. It's a LOT of pressure to be told, "I trust you. I know I'll love them." Trust me on that. Those words make ME sweat bullets when someone says that to me. So, for her, I know it had to be hard. I like the all posed pretty and smiling at the camera kind of shots, I really do. But the visions I had in my head were so different, and more about the relationship of our family.

She did it. She totally put MY visions that I could hardly explain and took them. Most of the session could not be 100% planned because it's not a posed kind of session. She did her "directing" of us, she dealt with our kids being wild after 2 days in the car, going to grown up functions, and such. Katie was not in the best of moods either. Dh and I were "sweating" how it was going to go.
This image, well, it's one I adore. It shows Miss Katie in all her glorious personality. She had us laughing so hard.

I can not wait to see more, and hopefully I can share more later.

12 comments:
Oh I am truly loving them... yep, I agree with you... esp the last one...
Those are great photos! You have a gorgeous family! I'd love to know of places your friend/photographer chose for photos...we're always looking for the perfect spot.
I love those! They are so candid and natural!
I love, love, love the second photo. It deserves to b BIG and in a gorgeous frame somewhere prominent. (Katie's precious in that last photo, too)
Glad you got some photos with the beautiful foliage!
OMG!! Those are truly amazing portraits!! I especially love the second one. It just captures the sweetness of BIG family life.
Wonderful!
Well I recognize the location in the background of that last shot and I happen to love it! You snuck up this way and did not even tell me! Maybe next time. :)
Those oare some great shots!!
Hugs,
Carla
Wow, she did a great job Carla! I so love all of them. Good luck trying to pick your favorite. LOL
WOW! They are really really good!!!
Those are so awesome! I love the one of you kissing. :D
Beautiful pictures!!!! Your friend is very talented and you have a gorgeous family!!!!! Love all the fall colors!!
Love the pics!!!! I love shots that aren't planned too. They have their purpose of course but the unplanned ones seem to capture the true person you know?!
Post a Comment