Answers to some possible things - we use the kit and templates for carving. Yes, it's somewhat tedious. No, it's actually VERY easy. The tools make a HUGE difference.
Yes, Katie dug right in. The boys...not so much. The boys took some convincing to stick their hands in pumpkin guts.





I really wonder what Katie's thinking here...




Not a moment's hesitation on Katie's part.










Katie's pumpkin was the cat, Samuel's was the Pirates logo, and JM's was the Black Pearl.
If you think these are cool, you should have seen the one we did when Dh and I were engaged! It threw bats up on the wall behind the pumpkin and had a moon with a witch in it on the front. It was a very cool pumpkin, but my photo skills could NOT do it justice (I've learned quite a bit since then). :)

5 comments:
Nice pictures, Carla. The pumpkins turned out great! Don't you just love those family traditions?
I love the pictures!!! And those pumpkin carvings are great!!! Have a great week.
Kristy
Love the pumpkins! Great job!
Hugs,
Carla
p.s. - yep, I wonder what Little T thinks about too!!
The Black Pearl??? Holy cow!!
Make sure to email me with your snail mail address so I can send you your prize!
speechforme at gmail
Wow! Very impressive.
Post a Comment