At the beginning of the year, I told Dh that I thought it was silly we were paying $55 a month for the satellite tv when we hardly watched anything. He agreed, but felt like the kids watched enough, and we weren't sure how much we truly would miss it or not.
In May he told me that I was going to have to be the one to pull the plug on our TV satellite. I did in early June. It was gone that night, which was a tiny bit abrupt for me. LOL Well, we had enough shows on the DVR for another 3 weeks. Then, life was busy traveling. So it wasn't until July that we really noticed that we didn't have it anymore. Since then, we've missed it only a few times. Homerun Derby, Monday Night football, one evening when I would have watched HGTV (watched a movie instead), Presidential election coverage, and that's really it. It's been 5 months. We hardly miss it. Sure it would be nice for the kids to be able to watch shows, but they pull out movies now. The boys play more with toys. They also played more with game systems. Me? I've read more books, and we've watched more DVD series of shows, and a few things we found online.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I think this might be God talking to me.
We haven't had cable/satelite for years... If there is something I really want to watch, I will just buy it on iTunes... Then I can watch it whenever I want, with no commercials. *lol* (Or sometimes I will watch it online)
Post a Comment