Friday, October 10, 2008

Sometimes I wonder...


My sister called to day and told me she needed to lodge a complaint. She claims Katie gave her youngest boy a black eye. He's 4 months older than Katie, and taller. ;) We laughed because none of us knew how he got the black eye, but I have photos of him during our photoshoot with the eye swollen (and sis, that eye is swollen in the very first one).

So, being the incredibly perfect Mom who is teaching her kids right from wrong. *cough* I asked my boys if they had hit him (unlikely, but who knows with the way the kids all played together), or if they knew if he'd run into something. Both boys said they didn't hit him, and they couldn't remember him crying anytime on Sunday. Nor did they remember him running into anything. I believe them, mainly because it's been over 2 days and I can hardly remember what we did that morning myself. We will be having a talk about being gentle around the little kids with them though.

Katie, however, jumped up and down and exclaimed joyously, "I hit! Eye!!! I did it! YAY!"

Uh...Sis, can I claim that as it happened BEFORE the pictures that I'm not sure if she did or not. She totally could have...perhaps on the walk up the hill from the cars? Honestly though, I don't think she did. I'm sorry though, and please do send us the photo of his black and blue eye.

Regardless, we will be having a talk with Princess Peanut that hitting other people is bad. I think if she knows her buddy was hurt she'd cry. Yeah...time for that talk.

4 comments:

a Tonggu Momma said...

I'm sorry, but I totally love that she celebrated her "win." Perhaps a career in boxing is in order?

Nik said...

ROFL!! Too funny (well not that someone got hurt - but that she gleefully admited to it)!! I love that pic too!

Jody said...

Sorry but have to laugh LOL. What a little brusier you have :P. j/k.

a Tonggu Momma said...

Tag! You're it! (Sorry.)