I posted this list of thoughts/questions on day 115 of waiting for LOA.
1. Katie is so beautiful. Yes she still is.
2. Look at her big eyes. eh...only big when she's not smiling.
3. What does her smile look like? It's breathtaking.
4. How firm is her grip when she holds your finger? Firm when she wants to, but that's rare.
5. Which toy is her favorite? Honestly, I have no idea, but I guess her Baby doll.
6. Was she held a lot as a baby? I believe she was.
7. Attached to Foster Mom? really attached or slightly attached? OH SO VERY VERY ATTACHED!
8. Does she have foster siblings? We think she did, at least one.
9. Where is she living while in foster care? With a family who farms.
10. Is she getting enough to eat? Yes she did. Never had hoarding issues.
11. Is she picked up when she cries? Yes she had to have been. LOTS.
12. WOW look how much she's grown! LIttle did I know she was a PEANUT!
13. Is her hair more filled in now? it is slowly growing in.
14. How big are her feet? TINY, like the rest of her - size 5 in infants still...yes, that's at age 26 months!
15. What do her toes look like? the cutest little piggies EVER
16. Does she have any teeth? Yes!
17. Is she crawling? Doubtful that she did, she could sort of scoot around to get to a toy though.
18. What is her favorite toy now? anything that played music I believe.
19. What is the building she's in for the photo? Foster Care Village community building
20. Does she like hair bows in her hair? YES!
21. Is she trying to talk? YES!
22. What is her sad cry? It breaks your heart.
23. What is her whining tired cry? It's quite annoying now...
24. What is her angry cry? No doubt what this one is.
25. What does her laugh sound like? I linked to it earlier this summer - infectious giggles.
26. What does her hair feel like when you lay your cheek on her head? silky smooth
27. What does she smell like? duh- like Katie. :)
28. Does she like baths? she didn't then, but does now.
29. Does she like to be outside? LOOOOOOVES it!
30. Does she have any pets in her foster home? I don't think so
31. Do her foster parents smoke? doubtful given her respiratory distress around it in Guangzhou
32. Does she like to listen to music? she LOOOOOVES it
33. Is she celebrating her 1st birthday? I have no idea.
34. Can she walk? at that time, probably not.
35. Does she like her foster Mom or her foster Dad best? MOM!
36. What does she like to do the most? be held OUTSIDE
37. Does she like to play with balls? Yes
38. Does she like baby dolls? Yes
39. Are her feet ticklish? a little bit
40. What does her belly laugh sound like? It's fun to listen to.
41. Does she have that baby fat roll on her wrist? NOPE!
42. Does she have baby fat rolls on her legs? NOPE!
43. What does her heart beat sound like? just perfect
44. Does she have dimples? a itty bitty tiny one
45. Is her hair all grown out now? Nope
46. What color is her hair in the sun? It's black with a slight brown tint
47. Does she have any friends? Yes
48. What does she do all day? Not sure, but she spent a lot of time outside
49. Does she go out to the fields with her foster parents? Yes
50. Do her foster parents even farm? yes
51. Does she have mosquito bites? Yes
52. What about getting any scratches? Most likely
53. Do her foster parents know about endocarditis? Possibly not
54. How much does she weigh now? Not much - 18.75 pounds in Guangzhou in late December - she's 21 pounds now
55. How tall is she now? short then, today she's about 32inches
56. Does she like flowers? Yes
57. What do her ears look like? like ears...?
58. What does her belly button look like? It's an inny
59. Are her feet skinny or fat? SKINNY
60. What color looks best on her? Pink, red, navy, black
61. Has her foster Mom been informed she's being adopted? I don't know when, but I know it had to have been heart breaking for her.
62. What is she eating now? congee - now, all sorts of stuff when she wants to
63. What is her favorite food? noodles...and chocolate
64. Does she have a favorite color? she's drawn to pink items
65. Does she have a television in her foster home? I honestly don't know.
66. Is she being read to? Not sure, but she LOVES for us to read to her so we think she might have been.
67. Is she being played with? YES
68. Where does she sleep? she loves her crib here
69. Is she attached to anything? we don't think so
70. How does she soothe herself? by sucking on her tongue, it's sort of weird what she does and I can't really explain, but that's closest...I have it in a few videos
71. Does she throw temper tantrums? YES
72. Is she spoiled?
73. Is she neglected? NO!
74. Is she loved? YES
75. Do her eyes light up when she sees her foster Mom? I bet they did.
76. Does her foster Mom sing her lullabies? I think so.
77. Is she protected from the sun when outside? Didn't appear to have been.
78. Is she happy most of the time? Pretty much.
79. What illnesses has she had? colds, flu, bronchitis...croup...normal stuff
80. Is she mostly healthy? Yes
81. What size clothes does she wear then - 6-12 month size, now 12-18 and a few 18-24
82. How does she feel to the person holding her? Not sure what I was asking...but she's a solid little weight that snuggles into your body...unless she's NOT wanting to be there, then she's this solid piece of little body squirming to get down that is really hard to hold on to.
83. Does she cuddle with her foster parents? I would guess a little at least. She's not really cuddly with us.
84. Is she affectionate? on her own terms
85. Does she like playing tickle games? Yes
86. Does she like playing games on the floor with her parents? Yes with us, I assume she did with her foster parents.
87. Can she feed herself? She can now
88. Is she still on a bottle? She was.
89. How much is she eating each day? Not nearly enough in my opinion!
90. How long does she sleep at night? about 10-12 hours!!
91. How long does she nap for during the day? about 2-3 hours
92. Does she like to go shopping? YES!
93. Does she squeal when she sees an animal? No, she's more serious about it, but wants to meet them.
94. What does her voice sound like? She won't be soprano. :)
95. What does her squeal of excitement sound like? very very high pitched
96. What words is she saying? My-Mom, baba, and lots we couldn't understand
97. How did she spend the Chinese holiday? I still wonder what they did.
98. Does she have big brothers around her? Not sure
99. Is her heart okay? YES!!
100. What does her giggle sound like? ABSOLUTELY LOVELY!
101. Does she get car sick? No
102. Will she tolerate wearing a bracelet? No
103. Is she being taught any English? No
104. Is she being potty trained? No
105. Is she smart? We think she is.
106. Does she have toys at her foster home? I bet she did, just not many.
107. What are her favorite toys now? My guess? A baby doll and a ball, possibly a Nemo toy.
108. How often has she seen the doctors? Fairly regularly it seems
109. Have they checked her heart again? Nope.
110. Has she completely lost her baby smell? Nope! She had not.
111. Does she have any marks on her body? A few.
112. Is she scared of thunderstorms? Doesn't seem to be unless the thunder is really loud.
113. Is she cold or warm natured? Can I say "medium?"
114. What noises scare her? Loud ones and unexpected ones.
115. How many more days will I wait until I hold her? 51 more days as it turned out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Hmmm... no answer for #72 hunh?
LOL!!!!!!!!
What a sweet, sweet walk down memory lane.
I so remember you posting this to your blog last year! It's great to go back and be able to read the answers to your questions.
I just had to comment on the shoe size...Lilian is STILL in infant sizes wearing about a 9 and she is almost FIVE!
~Michelle P.
Aww what a great walk down memory lane!!
Post a Comment