Friday, October 24, 2008

Tagged? How could she?!




TongguMomma tagged me in this fun Meme. I think she already knew I was just a tad on the quirky side. In order not to fully embarrass myself, I'll try to take the random and weird facts from only one aspect of my life. Yeah. That says a lot about me doesn't it!

7 random and weird facts about me?! Uhmmm..hmmmm...okay.

1. In my very last marching band competition for high school, I fell in the middle. Right before I was to play a solo, standing ALONE on the 50 yard line...with mud dripping off the bell of my mellophone. The band director NEVER saw it.

2. Thanks to high school marching band/season I know the entire counterpoint for the song "Prince Ali" from Aladdin.

3. Thanks to the entire low brass section (of which I was part) and the fact that there were I think 5 females, I learned how to correct spit. I also got to hear the rating scale they used for the girls walking by, and I would correct their impressions..."An 8?! Her? Nah....she talks bad about people who think are her friends behind their backs. I'd give her a 4."

4. I didn't know a single THING about the game of football other than a touchdown was scored when someone with the ball ran into the end zone. I had NO idea what a first down was, what 4th down meant, off-sides, and all the various things...until my Senior year of high school. Yes, I went to EVERY single football game from my Freshman year on, all the post-season playoffs, and did not learn anything about it until the low brass section took me hand.

5. I played powder puff football my Junior year.

*umm, did you catch that? Re-read #5 and #4...notice anything ODD?*

6. I missed playing my french horn so much, that after I got married and moved to Tucson, AZ I joined the Pima Community College band. I had not played in 2 years and ended up first chair. Still not sure how that happened as the others in that band were good.

7. I also have played in church orchestras since being married, but the last time I played was when I was pregnant with Samuel. Morning sickness and playing the french horn didn't go so well together.

*extra: Did you know that if you put an M&M in the bell of the french horn and blow REALLY hard it will fly out the back and hit the trombone players behind you?*


Now, I have the honor to tag 7 people...hmmm

Cheri at Loving Lia
Carla at Delight yourself in the Lord
Shanna at Big Crazy Family
Leslie at Room for at Least One More
Carla at Baseballs and Ballerinas
Nik at Exceptional Journey
and because I know she will find this one so easy...sorry, couldn't help myself, Beth at Journey to the Hot Tub

3 comments:

BBB said...

Ahhhh French Horn love!!!!

a Tonggu Momma said...

I played the trumpet for a few years, but - unlike you - I loathed it. Probably because I am tone deaf.

Now don't hate me for tagging you!

LucisMomma said...

LOL!! #4 and 5, so funny.

Thanks, now I've got Prince Ali stuck in my head and it's only 5:45 am!!