
It's 12:31am, and I'm sitting here thinking. Today is Samuel's birthday. He turns 6 years old. I remember this time 6 years ago, starving because my c-section required that I not eat 12 hours prior to it. I remember thinking of how in less than a day my life was going to change. It did. For the better. I was scared of that c-section because for JM's I had not been awake. This was my first birth to actually experience. I did not know what to think or expect, yet I had a child already. How strange was that?
Samuel came into this world charming everyone. He melted hearts immediately, and I remember breaking the rules that first night and climbing out of my hospital bed so I could pick him up...or just to stare at him.



He grew so fast, and I had my first digital camera (luckily) to more than capture all those wonderful memories.









I can tell from looking at these photos when I upgraded cameras and when I started learning more and more about photography.


Hard to believe he was just about 4 here. He's not changed too much has he.

these are all from 2007....


This was just a short 1 year ago...



Then we have 2008...









So, Happy 6th Birthday my special little man! I love you more to the MOON and BACK a gazillion million times.

11 comments:
Love the pics!! The sure do grow up fast don't they? Happy birthday Samuel!!
Happy birthday, Samuel! And Carla, it was fun watching your photography skills grow alongside Samuel. LOL.
Oh. My. Gosh. He's grown so much. I remember so many of those pictures so well!!! I can't believe how much he's changed in the last year even. Definetly not a little boy anymore.
Happy Birthday Samuel!!!
Happy Birthday Samuel! Carla, he is one handsome boy! The ladies are in for some serious trouble when he gets older.
Wow - he is just so cute!! Really - he is. Those eyes are something.
Happy Birthday Samuel!!
Hugs,
Carla
What a handsome little guy! He's gorgeous and so are the photos! Happy birthday little dude!
Happy birthday to Samuel!!! ... I love the pictures! Alicia turns 7 on Friday... They grow so fast...
Happy Birthday, Samuel! Now you have to count your age on two hands!
I didn't realize just how much your boys looked alike until I saw that photo of your oldest holding Samuel as a baby.
Happy Birthday!!!! Great pictures!!!
Happy birthday Samuel!
I loved the pictures. It's amazing to see him grow up in one long window scroll. I'm sure it's seemed just as quick for you! :-)
I know that you are not supposed to say that boys are beautiful that you are supposed to say how handsome they are, but this child is BEAUTIFUL!!! There are no other words to describe it!!! What an angel he is.
Love and blessings, Kristy
Post a Comment