Sunday, October 05, 2008

Okay, I need to take the kids on a field trip.

I'm looking to take the kids on a fieldtrip and I'm trying to figure out WHERE. See, we have 3 larger cities we can get to. One we live in, the other 2 are both roughly 1.5 hours away...oh wait...4 larger cities if we stretch the distance to roughly 1.5-2 hours away.

2 have a zoo
3 have a botanical garden (maybe all 4 do)
3 have science museums
4 have childrens museums
1 has an aquarium

all 4 have bloggy friends in them - homeschooling ones, adoption ones, photography ones, and Mommy group ones.

Field trip MUST be on a weekday, most likely a Monday.
Gas is still somewhat limited in nature.
House is on the market, and keeping it clean has been a joy. Not.
House is on the market, thus finances are a little tight as moving expenses are being saved for...

Ideas? Post a comment and I'll moderate if you put exactly WHICH city I should go to. :) If you think you are near me, and most of you know if you are, if you are FREE on Mondays let me know as well. I'll moderate comments for this one.

Looking at Monday October 20th I think.

OH yeah, we have a membership that is reciprocal for the 3 science museums. We've had zoo memberships, and could be persuaded again to get them.

5 comments:

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

I think that you should put the names in a hat and draw one out...

Cheri said...

I'm free on Monday mornings from 8-11:10. Oh wait you said close and KIDS day out. Hmmm, I can't make it. :( One day I will be able to.

Anonymous said...

Our kids would choose one of the zoos every time. *lol* ... They love animals.

Kristy said...

Oh my gosh.....Good luck with that!!

Wife of the Pres. said...

Am I too late? You know where I am and I KNOW the city I live near is one of the "large cities" right? I so wish I could do Monday, October 20! I have not been given Susannah's release into the world just yet. Another month and she'll be FREE! Of course, then it is flu season full-throttle! AAAHHH! I still vote for N-Vegas! Oh and I TOTALLY forgot to email you about the goods I was able to buy for you in Beijing before our trip got all … can't think of a good word right now. I have no idea at this point how much it was but I have some things. I want you to look at them before we settle b/c I am not totally sure I got what you wanted. If it not what you want, I'll just keep it for S.
:)) Les