Saturday, October 25, 2008

Sometimes I really should investigate

I was sitting upstairs taking a break from responsibilities (you know investigating odd sounds) and catching up blogs. Break for work (not resting the tendinitis though).

I hear Katie splashing in something...not sure what...but splashing.

I merrily type away upstairs...I know the doors to the toilets are all closed. It was coming from the kitchen table area and I KNOW there was no soups, cereals, etc. out. Eh...how bad could it be?

*note to self, ALWAYS go investigate*

A few minutes (or 10) later, I see Katie. She's, well, a little sticky. Her NEW shirt has a chocolate milk stain. Her hair? it's dry sticking straight out mess. Crunchy.

OH YEAH. Her sippy cup didn't have a stopper in it.

I should have investigated that splashing noise.

6 comments:

Nik said...

ROFL! Yeah - anything splashing deserves a quick look'see.

Mama Wheaton said...

I have so done that before. With six kids it was hard to keep track of them all the time. One time I asked one of the girls what they were doing (it had gotten really quiet in the other room) nothing was the reply and I beleived her. Went to find her in a few mintues and found her and all my makeup. Not to bad what she was wearing, but trying to clean liquid foundation from off my bed spread was tough.

Jody said...

Oh no LOL. I remember one time when my boys were younger. Hubby was in the shower and I was doing something else and we end up meeting in the kitchen at the same time and my youngest had manage to empty a brand new five gallon Culligan water all over our kitchen floor. Boy was that a fun mess to clean up ugh. ALWAYS INVESTIGATE LOL!

Kristy said...

That is too funny!!! In my house whether there are splashing noises or not, the QUIET always scares me!!! It never means anything good is happening.

Anonymous said...

Oh dear. *lol*

When Josh was just barely 2 years old, I found him shaking his milk out of his sippy cup all over the cat.

That cat wasn't too upset. ;)

mommy24treasures said...

ugh I have done that before too, forgot see if I put the little seal in the cup.