We went out to eat last week, and ended up at a fast food Asian eatery kind of place. We ordered, and I picked up 2 sets of chopsticks (for Dh and I). I laid them down and Samuel picked up one pair to play with, and Katie grabbed the other. I ended up giving Katie her noodles, and had split the chopsticks apart (the disposable wood kind). She immediately put both in her right hand, held them mostly right, picked up a "knot" of noodles...and put them in her mouth.
We had to pick up our mouths off the floor.
She continued to play with them, but never again managed to work them correctly to get noodles to her mouth. One time she "cheated" and used her fingers to hold the noodles and moved the chopsticks along with her fingers to her mouth.
Yes we cheered that as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Don't you wish you had a camera around for every moment like those. it is good to be proud.
Susannah can use chopsticks VERY WELL. I don't know where or if she learned but I can tell you that where they were took the art of using them seriously. I know K was in foster care but I bet they used them too. I also think partly it comes natural. I am all about nurture but the nature part comes into play too I think.
S. also enjoyed her some Chinese food today and wanted so badly to sip from her bowl of soup. I let her and it was just precious. She even tucked her napkin under her plate and then into her shirt just like they do.
The Tongginator was scared of forks when we first met her -- only chopsticks or spoons entered her mouth. If you want Katie to learn now, you may want to check out Combi chopsticks as a stocking stuffer. The Tongginator was using them by herself for an entire meal before age 2. They work great!
No pictures??????????
Wow, I'm impressed! WTG Katie!Maybe that would solve all of Lia's problems - Chopsricks! I better start working on them with her.
Oh how cool That would have been a neat pic :)
Kai and Chloe do quite well with chopsticks. But, if they are sitting next to each other, they quickly become weapons. I think they taught my two fencing with chopsticks. heh.
BTW~ thanks for the tag! Ehem
Post a Comment