Thursday, November 01, 2007

Introducing Katelyn XiaoLan!

We finally got LOA today, after waiting 126 days from LOI. This means that Katie is officially ours, China approved us to be her parents!



Referral photo, one of the first we saw. Her stats are:

Name: Xi Xiao Lan (Western Morning Orchid)
Birthdate: August 1, 2006
Currently in Yunnan Province, Kunming CWI, fostered in Anning



The one where we exclaimed over her hair! Isn't it adorable just standing STRAIGHT up on end? We estimate that she is 4 months old in this photo.



The frown. Oh the frown breaks my heart. This is an updated photo that we got, she is 10.5 months in this photo. She is in foster care, thus she has darker skin from being outside quite a bit. I love the little "spout" on top of her head, and the building she is in was helped in building by the Yunnan Kids International group. It's the community center in Anning where a good portion of the Kunming CWI children are fostered.



Still frowning. I think it's because she wanted a doll to play. Dh thinks it's because she wants someone to play soccer with her. All I know is that I love her and think she is the CUTEST BABY EVER!!!! (Okay, she ties with her brothers)

22 comments:

SPITFIRE said...

Carla, didn't you forget to mention the most important thing?

Carla said...

Better? :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, she is super cute! My little guy may just try to score a date. ;)

Brandi said...

Congrats on LOA! Hope you have a speedy TA! She's gorgeous!

Heather said...

Congratulations on your LOA and your new daughter! She's beautiful!

The Princess's Mommy said...

Carla! She is beautiful! I know you are so relieved to finally have that LOA!! Not much longer now!
Love,
Monica

bbmomof2boys said...

OMG!!!!!!! Yeah!! Congrats on LOA!! I've said it before - she is just beautiful!!

~Carla

Denise said...

Hooray...congrats again on your LOA! She is a cutie pie!!!! We are praying for our PA~

Anonymous said...

She is so cute! Congratulations on RA. We hope you travel soon. Love, Ryan, Julie, and Nicholas Pruett

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm really happy for you and your family. Hope that you get your TA quickly so your whole family can finally be together.

Lindsay

Denna said...

Congratulations!!! She is beautiful.

Margie @ Smiles Forever Photo said...

She is so so beautiful.. I am very happy for your family.. Cant wait to see some of your Photos of her.. Hugs and CONGRATS, M

E R I C A said...

She is so cute!

My 1st daughter is from the Yunnan province too.

Erica (from the RQ site)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your Yunnan angel! You will LOVE Kunming if you can arrange to stay and Green Lake Park - it is amazing! Yunnan is the most beautiful place - complete with the cutest babies!!!

Sue said...

She's beautiful!!! Love her little "whale tail" in that last photo!!! Congrats on getting your TA + Safe travels!

Sue (from RQ!)

Courtney said...

Adorable!! So happy for you!

Anonymous said...

Our grand daughter is from Kunming and has adjusted so beautifully. It was obvious she was well taken care of and loved there.

Blessing to all...

Jeff and Amy said...

She is so cute!! Love the pigtail we have one going on too, our little one is from Fujian, Congratulations and hope for a speedy travels.

Amy

Tracy said...

Congrats - she is so cute! And so much more hair than my 14-month-old!

Tracy

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Just came across your site... congrats... and on my birthday too...

Cherith said...

She is just darling! CONGRATULATIONS!!

Anonymous said...

She is absolutely adorable.
I also have a daughter who was fostered from Kunming SWI, we have been home almost l yr. Would you email me when you have a moment @ bluebirdah@yahoo.com; would love to exchange some information