
Referral photo, one of the first we saw. Her stats are:
Name: Xi Xiao Lan (Western Morning Orchid)
Birthdate: August 1, 2006
Currently in Yunnan Province, Kunming CWI, fostered in Anning

The one where we exclaimed over her hair! Isn't it adorable just standing STRAIGHT up on end? We estimate that she is 4 months old in this photo.

The frown. Oh the frown breaks my heart. This is an updated photo that we got, she is 10.5 months in this photo. She is in foster care, thus she has darker skin from being outside quite a bit. I love the little "spout" on top of her head, and the building she is in was helped in building by the Yunnan Kids International group. It's the community center in Anning where a good portion of the Kunming CWI children are fostered.

Still frowning. I think it's because she wanted a doll to play. Dh thinks it's because she wants someone to play soccer with her. All I know is that I love her and think she is the CUTEST BABY EVER!!!! (Okay, she ties with her brothers)

5 comments:
To make you feel better: she is probably frowning because she has not interacted with a camera much. Our daughter (from Guangxi and 18 mos old) is JUST learning (we got her in August). The red-eye reduction does a number on them and they want to look away. You will get her up-to-speed in no time, Mama! :0)
Congratulations, she is INDEED beautiful!
Leigh
What beautiful photos of your precious child!!!!
Congratulations....and im right ther with you prayers are amazing we are off to China tomorrow, our TA arrived two weeks after referral
If you can check out our blog
www.thetomlinsontribegrows.blogspot.com
praying for you
xxx
s
Congratulations!
I knew Katelyn was a Kunming baby as soon as I saw the photos, my Alice is too and they are similar in age. Alice has a good frowning face too.
Good luck with your journey, I will be following every step and reliving my journey at the same time - Kunming is a wonderful place!
Kate
http://kes44p.blogspot.com/
Oh I can't wait to see her in your arms! It will all be over soon and you'll be home before you know it!
Love,
Monica
What a cutie...
Post a Comment