
I hope that all of you who read this blog
We spent the day quietly, at home. I cooked a little, slept a little, cleaned a little, cooked some more, and then we all went to a friend's home. We were graciously welcomed into their home to share with their family this wonderful day. Have I mentioned that we truly have some of the best friends on this planet? She brined a turkey a la Pioneer Woman, and oh my word that was the best turkey I have ever had (and I don't like turkey much at all). No one was particularly crazy about my squash casserole, but that means the leftovers are MINE!!! ALL MINE!!!!*
After dinner, Dh and I took the boys to a local hockey game. My first one ever! Mr. Friend and two of his kids joined us (their kids are older than our boys and their son is completely idolized by the boys as well). While it was the boys first hockey game as well, I'm not sure if they enjoyed it more than I did. I didn't even crack open my book.** Samuel was adorable as he danced during the "in-between periods" parts. See I don't even know hockey lingo and I enjoyed myself. Our team won, but in overtime with a penalty shot! EXCITING!!!!! Okay, I know we'll be going back and I can not wait to dress Katie in the hockey team colors. :)
It's cold here tonight, very cold. So, being the kind of people we are, we decided to drive by Best Buy and just see how long that line was. It wrapped around the building, with tents and fires, and sleeping bags. It's forecasted to be below freezing tonight. Pray for those people. While I like a good deal, I just don't get it. Dh and I talked about how great a "mission" opportunity our church could have. We could pass out hand warmers, hot chocolate or coffee, hand out toboggans, blankets, etc.***
So, I leave you with the thought of "I hope you are all safe and sound and WARM in your homes this evening after having been greatly blessed today!"
-----------------------------
*Squash Casserole is a dish my grandmother always made for Thanksgiving, and when I'm home for Thanksgiving I will make for myself. All the grandkids would race each other to the kitchen late Thanksgiving Day night for the leftovers and clamor over who would get them. Grandma finally started making triple the recipe so we could all get some. I'm taunting my extended family who have to share tonight...I have my own!!! neeener neener neeener!!!!
**Almost all sporting events I go to with Dh I take along a fluffy romance novel. Minor league baseball games? Major league baseball games? College football (okay so we've never done this for an exciting team as our own college football team wasn't that exciting)? Dh's softball games, basketball games, volleyball games....the kids baseball and soccer games...yes, even THOSE. But really only those when it's cold, rainy, and I'm sitting in the van not really able to see with one of the other kids...and I do watch my own child attempt to hit the ball. ;) Anyway, a book ALWAYS goes with me. I almost always read it. Not at the hockey game though!!!
***I can not take credit for this idea. It comes from a great friend of mine, she and her son have a date every Black Friday morning. They get up at 3am, take thermoses full of coffee and hot chocolate. They go to a busy store and hand it out. Stand at the end of the line, then go into the store. They help people get the hard to reach items down. They hold a spot in line for someone needing to go grab something. They'll stand in line, then when they are next in line, give their spot up to someone who looks like they need it (perhaps a Mom with 2 kids who are crying). Around 8-9am when the craziness has died down, they go to IHOP (or other type place) and eat breakfast together, just the two of them. Yes, she's this way throughout the year as well. I love ya KH!

1 comment:
You know, I was that way at my first hockey game too LOL. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I miss going. Haven't made it to a Predators game yet. I like the Black Friday idea too LOL. Is that "our" KH?
Post a Comment