Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Frustrated

I do not want to hear how this is all in His perfect timing, I really don't. I'm frustrated, upset, and need to grieve first.

It's entirely possible we will not be able to travel until December 13th. Meaning, we will miss Christmas with our boys. We will be in China for Christmas. Our travel will hopefully be completed 6 months after LOI. 6 months!

I'm frustrated because others with our referral group who had later days than our own are HOME with their kids. They get to enjoy the holidays with all their kids, with their extended families, and they know all those little details about their child.

After talking with our agency today, IF, and it's a HUUUUGE if, we get TA by early next week (like say Monday) we might be able to leave 12/6. It will depend on Consulate appointments, but more than likely we'll be leaving 12/13 (if that travel approval gets in by 12/10 that is).

Forgive us, but both Dh and I are cynical about this entire process right now. We are going to miss Christmas with our boys. Miss Christmas with our families. Sure, we know we can celebrate on another day. Honestly though, it's never the same. Why have our luck change now? But honestly, when we got our LOA we were told most likely date of travel would be 11/29. It is just like our luck that we would not make that date.

So, excuse me while I throw a temper tantrum and whine and complain about how unfair it all is. Honestly, I would be okay IF we knew we could leave on 12/6. At least we'd be home in time for Christmas.

Thanksgiving day, 11/22, is 3 weeks since LOA. 11/29 is 4 weeks. 12/6 is 5 weeks. 12/13 is 6 weeks. We were told TA comes in 2-4 weeks. The max I have ever seen is close to 5 weeks. Please, please pray that we get TA on Monday. This whole process is extremely difficult, and to have things fall apart is rough.

4 comments:

bbmomof2boys said...

You go right ahead!! You have every right to be mad and frustrated. Its hard enough to wait to be matched but when you have a picture that you can look at every.single.day - well, it has got to be hard. Hang in there chick!! Hang in there!

~Carla

Jeanne said...

I'm so sorry that this process is not turning out to be what you expected. I can't imagine how your heart must break every day that you don't get your travel notice.

I'm sending you big cyber hugs and chocolate! I think you've more than earned a big hissy fit!

Amber Schmidt said...

Oh Carla... you cry and whine and cry some more. That plain stinks! I cannot even imagine what you guy must be going through. I do know that you will never forget these days. BUT I know that when you have miss katie in your arms it will start to fade away and every morning you wake up to see her face you will know that it was all worth it!

Keep hanging on! Praying hard (for what its worth nowadays) that you all get to travel NOW!

The Princess's Mommy said...

Bless your heart! You whine all you want. You deserve it, you've earned it, you are certainly entitled to it!! I will pray for a 12/6 travel date. I know you don't want to miss Christmas with your boys....
Hang in there!
Love,
Monica