Monday, November 26, 2007

When it rains it pours!

On Wednesday afternoon, I started cleaning. Which isn't surprising given my holiday coming up, and right in the middle of a load of laundry the dryer stopped working. Just stopped. So, being the great wife I am, I called Dh and asked for what else besides resetting the breaker, checking to see if it's plugged in, turning the knob some more, and such. He said to check the gfi outlet, so I unplugged 2 items and reset it. I knew, from previous experience, that I needed to replug in Dh's charger for his tools. I didn't plug the other item back in because I didn't think what it could be.

I should have thought.

It was the plug for the deep freezer. You know, the one that was about 1/3 full. With frozen meals for when Katie came home. With meat for our meals NOW. With our lunches. Yeah, that deep freezer.

So, I guess in a sub-conscious way I was helping myself stay busy as I now have the joy of throwing out that stuff, re buying food, and cooking even more freezer meals than I already had. Yes, I guess I did ask for this when I asked what I could to do to stay busy didn't I?

No comments: