Since getting our LOA and the knowledge that we will be traveling between Thanksgiving and Christmas, thus losing 2 weeks MINIMUM of our shopping time, we've been trying to get it all done.
So, it came as no surprise that when Black Friday rolled around, we didn't need to go shopping. It was practically done, and what wasn't done could be done online. We slept in, got up, bemoaned the fact that we had left all the cinnamon rolls at our friend's house, then went shopping online! Sadly, we bought only for the business. While needed stuff, and exciting in a business use kind of way, not as fun as buying...oh a LCD tv, or other such great deal.
Because we didn't need to go shopping, which I despise doing in crowds by the way, we got a head start on Christmas decorations. This only means that it was all drug out of the attic before 5pm. I have been eying some outdoor decorations, sighing over the fact that spending $80 on an air inflatable item is not in this year's budget, and then trying to keep from picking up more miscellaneous tree decorations. You can now imagine how excited I was to find a purchase from the after Christmas sales last year...an air inflatable snow globe! It's about 4 feet tall. JM helped set it up, and the looks on Dh's and JM's faces were priceless. So very proud. The problem is that it looks a little, well, lonesome out there all alone.
Not wanting to overburden Dh, I held my tongue for a good 24 hours. See, along with this snow globe, I also found 7 boxes of indoor/outdoor multi-color lights. Hopefully it will be enough to hang on the house. I remember buying these 2 years ago in the after Christmas sales...for 25 cents a box. I managed 24 hours of NOT asking Dh to please hang these lights so our house looks all festive. He did agree, and seemed really excited to oblige. I even found a "tool" to help hang them. While at Target getting that tool and resisting MORE outdoor decorations, I found stakes to line the driveway. I hope we have enough lights to line the driveway AND to hang on the house. Somehow, I'm thinking 7 boxes just won't be enough. I could take the one strand of multi-color lights on the Jesse Tree and add to the outdoor lights making it 8 boxes worth, but I'm doubting that is enough still. I do have a box of 100 count white mini-lights, which doesn't help except to maybe line the flowerbed which is behind the snowglobe. Or I guess I could put the white mini-lights in the one tree we have in the front yard.
I believe it was at this point that Dh asked if we needed to see National Lampoon's Christmas movie again. I believe that was a hint, don't you?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment