Thursday, November 29, 2007

Thoughts of others still waiting

As much as I rejoice in my own news, I know there are others out there who have been waiting and waiting for news on their own paperwork. I know of someone who has been waiting ever so long on her LOA, and it's been 5 months waiting now. My heart breaks for her. She got her referral in June, never dreaming that she would not have her daughter home by Christmas. I pray that she gets her LOA very soon.

I know of others who are stuck waiting on their NSN referral, and it looks like it is going to be 4 more years. 4 more years of waiting, and waiting, and waiting. Knowing all the time that something can happen in the program, in their lives, at any time.

Waiting is tough. Waiting is hard. It doesn't matter what stage you are waiting on, it's hard. I will say that waiting for TA was not as bad as waiting for LOA, and that waiting for the CA was not as bad as waiting for TA. The wait for the referral was not as bad as the wait for LOA. That wait, that extended wait for LOA was incredibly hard.

The processing of paperwork sometimes makes no sense, no sense at all. It's incredibly hard to get answers as to where your paperwork is. It's hard and there are days when you feel like it will never happen. Like there will be some big snafu and you will never get to bring your daughter home, you will forever be sentenced to the land of limbo where you watch others leave and come home, leave and come home, leave and come home repeatedly while your daughter...your beautiful daughter just gets older and older.

All of those still waiting, know, my heart goes out to you. I hope that you all get the news you are hoping to hear very soon.

No comments: