Sunday, November 11, 2007

Packing and Lists

We started looking at what all we were planning on taking with us, started evaluating what was needed and what was not. Dh got online and looked up baggage size limits for carry on and checked luggage for China domestic flights.

We got a bit of a fright.

Our small suitcases, which are carry on for HERE in the USA are too big for carry on China domestic. Yikes. The limits of things are going to get us, and we went to evaluate. Found out that I needed to re-wash many items, and in looking I am beginning to wonder what to pack clothing wise. We are washing the bottles and such, going to fill those with Cheerios. It should be very interesting, and I can not believe we are at the point of truly packing.

I got to thinking, I wonder what weather will be like. That's when I remembered the links over there to the right. Yeah, WEATHER links! So, I clicked on them to see if I could find an "averages" for November. They have 15 day forecasts. 15 days. The days we could possibly travel (unlikely though they may be) are ON the forecast now. Here's what I'm gathering...

Beijing - it's COLD. We'll be there for 2-3 days, touring, need to dress in layers. Dh and I have silk thermals, turtlenecks (one for Dh and two for me), one sweatshirt each, and hats, scarves, and gloves. One sweatshirt for 2-3 days in a row. Guess you'll be seeing that shirt a LOT!

Kunming - it's chilly. We'll be there for 5-6 days. Forecasts show lower 50's as the high when it's raining and lower 60's for when it is sunny. That is NOT shorts, t-shirt, or capris weather. All things I had packed for Katie. My turtlenecks will suffice here again. Dh will be comfortable in t-shirts. Definitely jeans weather.

Guangzhou - it's warm to hot. This next week it said lower 80s, and beyond was upper 70s or lower 70s. I'll be okay in jeans and t-shirts. Dh will probably like one pair of shorts. Guessing I'll take 1-2 t-shirts, Dh will end up with 3-4 t-shirts. Those cute 'spring' clothes will work for Katie here.

I will be checking those links often I think, just to see what we are looking at for a range of temps...it feels odd to know that those forecasts could affect us!

No comments: