Sunday, November 25, 2007

Movies, did someone say movies?

We found ourselves back at Target today returning some Christmas decorations, and buying more. I caved, I really did, I got the 3 spiral trees. I put the white mini-lights on the big tree (one more set that I need Dh's help with), and even Dh agrees that it's beginning to look like Christmas! Anyway, back to my point, while at Target I took JM and we looked through the movies section (I'm looking for Mighty Ducks for the kids). We found some movies, movies that brought me back to my childhood days.

Think back to the classics from your childhood. What are some of the titles that you think of?

The Goonies?
E.T.?
Annie?
Gremlins?
The Princess Bride?

You know THOSE movies. Well, we couldn't resist the $9.44 movies, and ended up with The Goonies and Gremlins. I think that since we have a few days weeks to wait until we travel to China, we can watch some good old classics. Heh. Tonight, we curled up on the couch and watched The Goonies. It was a really cute movie, with a little bit of language. JM really liked it, and Samuel even sort of liked it. I think we will see it creep into the van movie box soon. That is where all the favorites end up, in the van to watch on trips.

The decorations are up, the lights are hung outside, we ended up not looking like the Griswald's house so Dh is happy, and we are left with only the boxes to shove back in the attic. The house needs cleaning, and the dryer is broke. I guess, after a wonderful 4 days of having Dh home, it's back to reality tomorrow. A reality that will hopefully hold our Travel Authorization. Please. Oh please....

No comments: