Saturday, September 20, 2008

Toy "browsing" for birthdays and holidays

As we're approaching birthday season here, we took the kids "browsing" for toys that they would like. It's always interesting, and fun to see what they pick out each year. We get some new ideas, and recycle a few others.

Playhut has new tents this year, and I was thinking that Katie would surely love that pink Disney castle one for Christmas. Surely she would, I mean we had to drag her away from the baby doll aisle. She loved the Princess tea set. She loves pink. This castle ya'll was PINK overload.

Her reaction? eh...it's okay. OOOH Look at that Star Mountain Ball Pit though! That was exciting. *at least it's Dora?*

Then, she got excited over the Star Wars command tent. STAR WARS YA'LL! I have 2 boys...I'm Star Wars'd OUT.

I asked Katie, do you like the Castle? Held it up even. She shook her head NO. Pointed to the Star Mountain Ball pit (it's DORA at least). NOOOOOO! Pointed to the Star WArs tent that Samuel was in raptures over..."YESSSSH!"

*bang head*

5 comments:

BBB said...

YOu know the chances of keeping her from being a tom boy are slim to none.... :)

Shanna said...

Katie and Chloe are alike in that they gravitate toward being a tom-boy. Chloe loves a pair of pretty pink shoes, but show her a Power Ranger anything and she drops it all! Poor Kai. He will bring her a doll to try and distract from his toys, NO such luck.
Christmas will be fun this year!! Happy shopping!
Shanna

a Tonggu Momma said...

Carla ~

Sounds like perhaps the tomboy momma is with the girly girl... and the girly momma is with the tomboy girl.

Do you think God is trying to stretch both of us just a little?

BwwwaaaahHaHaHaHa!!!

(banging head)

Nik said...

ROFL!! That would be exactly how things would go here at my house. I'd be fighting for the girly stuff and my daughter would boycot anything pink.

I've been contemplating several things for Christmas this year. It is that time to start looking!

Jody said...

LOL too funny. My boys are Star Wars fans too (Thanks to my brother ugh LOL). So I know the feeling of being Star Wars Out hehe!

I was a Tom Boy when I was growing up too. All though Star Wars was never my thing LOL. LEGO'S and other boy things were LOL. Sorry just had to laugh.