We’re a Disney family. We love going to Disney. Absolutely love it, and the kids? they’re already thrill ride junkies (might have something to do with sensory seeking stuff? maybe?).
So, Sameul is just about 44 inches, meaning he can FINALLY ride Space Mountain!!! That quintessenial rollercoaster of Disney. Just thinking about it makes me SMILE.
I read last night, while planning, that as of January 2009 they are closing it for renovations…for a long time.
Our next trip? February 2009.
*gasp, choke, faint*……*SOB*
Samuel will NOT get to ride Space Mountain, the classic Space Mountain…EVER! Never ever.
So…what are we doing? We’re in the midst of building a house, saving frantically for downpayments, and we’re looking into going to Disney during December for a quick trip…the in-laws live about 4 hours from Disney. We *could* make it down there for a short trip so that Samuel can ride Space Mountain. He just HAS to ride Space Mountain, and I can’t have him wait until our next trip…I mean that would be like making him wait to ride Space Mountain for a whole 12-18 months LONGER! *blush*
BTW, Disney is REALLY crowded the week of Christmas. Really really crowded and that is the only thing stopping us at this point. We never go when it’s crowded, we love going with only 10 minute MAX waits. Not to mention financing the trip...hmmm...so much to think about!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
My mom is taking the girls the week after Christmas... I think she's semi-delusional.....
Carla,
Just read your comments. My emotions are so mixed...Happy to hear about Mahli and so very worried about Susannah. I would love to get our three girls together. Still praying..........
Heather
Ahhhh, we also had the Space Mountain issue. We waited hours to ride it last February, when it was finally our turn to ride, it CLOSED DOWN!!! Talk about some SAD faces.
What shall we all do now? Disney Land? Quite the hike. huh?
BTW~ Chloe's outfit came from Dillard's. It was cheap too! Just purchased it last week, so it should still be in stock :D
Shanna
ummm... we're going October 31st!!!! Wanna come to my girls B-day party at the Crystal Palace? I'd LOVE to have you! Besides, my Katie and yours need to meet soon! The kids can all sleep upstairs, and you can have our uncomfortable pull out in the guest room, LOL.
I would love to take my kids to Disneyland... Joe and the kids have never been. :( ... Maybe someday.
Would Rockin Roller Coaster do it for you and your son? My JT is excited to ride on it this next trip (mid october); last time (age 8) he bailed at the last moment. (or how about the Yeti ride in Animal Kingdom? I gotta admit I don't understand the Space Mountain thing...I dont care for roller coasters much)
WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How can you close Space Mountain... totally unheard of... I best get there before they close it for repair and get a few 100 rides... bummer
Post a Comment