I was so shocked on Friday when I went out to fill up a car with gas and my regular gas station was out of gas. HUH?! I knew Ike was going to hit Texas this weekend, but HUH? I mean, we survived the Katrina gas crisis AND driving to Disney. What was going on?
You see, we don't have cable TV. Nor do I listen to the radio in the van driving the kids around. I only check email and my "forums" online, so if news didn't hit one of those places quickly then I don't know about it. I know about baby formula in China not being safe. I even know a tiny bit about the presidential election...but gas prices? Not so much.
Was it ever expensive to fill up cars (and it was our standard normal time to do so). Now this week is supposed to be quite busy for me, which means quite a bit of driving around town. Not a good week to be worrying about making the gas I have last. Not a good week for that at all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Two of the three gas stations in our town were out of unleaded gas yesterday. This is crazy...
I never listen to the news, or watch TV... I had no idea that there were problems with the forumla from China...
We had our closest gas station charge 5.35! Yipes. It was 3.48 on Wed, 5.35 on Friday. I called the Attorney General's office, and emailed pics of it to every news station I watch, and the newspaper. They have shut down the pumps there (still have gas) and I think they have been called by the AG! Yay!
PS--are you "Snap"?
This morning our gas prices were $3.62 two hours later it was $3.75. I pray it doesn't jump like that too much more!
They are expecting things to right themselves pretty quickly.
I drove past 7 gas stations that were empty yesterday before I found one that had gas to sell. It is rediculous....and quite scary!
Post a Comment