Saturday, July 05, 2008

Weekend at the beach

We're spending the weekend at the beach with family. Well, actually, I've not seen the beach this weekend so far (it's Saturday night), but I know it's there...just beyond the trees. I've seen Samuel swim all around the pool - without life jacket on. I've seen JM race Dh in picking up the diving sticks (it now takes a good 15 minutes to clear the bottom of the pool of those toys). We've seen fireworks. I sat and enjoyed a summer rainstorm from the safety of the back patio...and watched some golfers continue on with their game. Why do they keep going in the pouring rain? Especially when I could hear thunder? I slept until NOON! Yes, I'm still tired. We introduced the kids to "poppers" this evening. They loved throwing the little firework things on the ground and making them go pop. I learned to play Canasta, and beat Dh.

Tomorrow? I guess we'll actually go to the beach. I know we're doing portraits on the beach tomorrow (well, I'll set it up and hopefully someone can press the shutter for me, or the timer will do it's job). MIL wants the boys to wear their portrait clothes to church in the morning, so I hope they stay clean for tomorrow evening.

I hope the rest of you are having as wonderful a weekend as we are here...at the beach.

3 comments:

BBB said...

Awww MAN - sounds like a WONDERFUL weekend!!! Glad you got some rest!!

Cheri said...

Hope you were able to snap some great photo's!

Anonymous said...

Boy, I would LOVE to have a vacation at the beach... It sounds heavenly!