Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Adventures in "Fish" movie.

Driving on one of the 4 trips back and forth from Hilton Head.

"Want fish."

"This movie? The Fish movie?"

"Yeah. FISH!"

*inserts Finding Nemo*

"Maaa-ooom! MOM!"

"What Katie?"

"Gook! FISH!"

"Yes, Katie there are fish in the movie."

*literally less than 5 seconds*

"MOM! GOOK!!!! Fish!"...."FISH! MOM FISH!"

*she continues in similar manner until...*

"Yes, Katie there are fish in the movie."

*another...oh maybe 10 seconds.*

"MOM! FISH! GOOK! FISH!"

"yes Katie lots of fish in the movie Finding Nemo."

she stays quiet, perhaps sensing our exasperation over her extreme excitedness?

*Nemo swims out to the boat, Marlin is yelling at him.*

"UH OH. Fish." *Katie baby babble rather emphatically sounding like she's telling Nemo to listen to his dad.* "Fish. UH OH. MOM. Uh oh."

"Yes Katie, Nemo got taken by the diver. He did not listen to his Dad did he?"

"Nope."

*Dory and Marlin run into sharks."

"Oooooh." *more babble, this time it's rather apparent she's telling the sharks off.* "Uh OH! MOM!"

"The fish will be okay Katie."

*Dory sings her "Just Keep Swimming" song....you hear a little bit of humming from Katie's seat.*

"UH OH."

*blessed quiet for a few minutes...really must have been drawn into the movie for a good little bit...then you know the part where Dory and Marlin ask for directions from the school of fish?*

"FISH!!!!! FISH!!!!! MOM, FISH!"

"Oh yes Katie that is a lot of fish isn't it?"

"Yeah. Fish."

All is quiet again, then Dory starts speaking whale.

"aaah....oooooh....fffffff-iiiiiiiiiissssh!" Yes, she started speaking "whale" and did an entire conversation in baby babble mixed with English words in whale-speak. I think Dh was laughing so hard he was crying.

All was quiet for a few more minutes, then the movie starts saying "mine! mine! mine!" You know that part? OH YES SHE DID!

"MINE! MINE! MINE!"

I started laughing and crying as well.

"MOM! Gook! Fish."

thankfully, I was able to say, "Yes Katie, that IS a good fish movie isn't it?"

"Yeah. Good."

7 comments:

Cheri said...

Oh too funny! I think I might have peed myself laughing that hard! I did get a pretty good chuckle her. I can imagine both you and Dh laugh crying! LOL Glad she liked the movie. ;) I think I might have been crazy by the end of it. ;) LOL

BBB said...

I'm laughing so hard I'm crying. That's just WAY too cute!!!

Anonymous said...

She really gets into it, doesn't she? *rofl* ... Amanda was 2-ish when she saw that movie for the first time, and when it was over she cried... Because it was over. Then she went on a HUGE Nemo kick. *lol*

a Tonggu Momma said...

Okay... now she sounds like the Tongginator at that age. Watch out world!!!!

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

That is so incredibly funny... you can't beat 'Nemo'... being an Aussie I could relate to alot of the 'actors' in there... the name of the shark Bruce... a very Aussie joke... such a great movie... your bubs has good taste... just got back from my few days away... trying to catch up with everyone... take care

Jody said...

LOL that is just too cute!! I love haring kids talk and really get into movies :D.

LucisMomma said...

so funny!

Luci's loving looking at Katie's picture. She calls her Katie bug.