Wednesday, July 09, 2008

9 on the 9th

This is just too much fun to pass up! :) 9 on the 9th monthly meme, and this is the FIRST ever.

Okay, honestly, I was coming from Tonggu Momma's 9 on the 9th, and would really like to steal her idea. Maybe I should ask her. I mean, what better way for you to get to know me than to know 9 of my most embarrassing moments. OH WAIT...there are people I actually see and know who read this blog. Ummm...perhaps not.

The 9 best things about having boys! Yeah, I can do that. :)

9. You have an excuse to do armpit farts.

8. If you ever do see a real snake, you won't scream as you'll think it's another plastic one.

7. You get the chance to perfect the silent scream because of hidden legoes in the carpet when you go to kiss them goodnight after they are asleep.

6. You get the chance to learn that fake vomit, fake poo, and other such gross items are funny.

5. You learn the difference between a real cry that needs attention and one that is not...especially if you have multiple boys in your family.

4. You learn to fully define what clean means - their hair MUST be wet down to the roots, the back and sides of the hair must smell like shampoo as well, teeth should not look like they are growing things AFTER they've been brushed, a clean room does not have legoes in the carpet...

3. You know the difference between soccer cleats, baseball cleats, and football cleats and why they are not interchangeable.

2. You learn that breakfast made by your sons, with "flowers" picked by their hands, is really special. (Not to mention you wonder what they want....)

1. You learn that little boys really do LOVE their Mommy, and that your heart can melt when your 5 year old wants to marry you when he grows up.

9 comments:

Angela Nazworth said...

I am so so glad you found the meme and played along. I loved visiting your blog and your children are so cute. I loved this post. I have one girl and one boy. My boy is the youngest and I am just learning some of the boy joys.

Mari said...

I have one little boy, he's 3, so I do not understand all of these yet, but I'm looking forward to it. Thanks for posting.

TAMI said...

Three girls here, so I have no idea what you're talking about! =) Always wondered what it would've been like to have boys though, and now I know!!

M-A said...

awe this is so sweet!!!!!

I agree with all of them and I only have one boy, but my girls are into boys things so...some day you must explain the cleats thing, i got laughed off the soccer field on that one LOL

BBB said...

That lego thing... yeah... well.. barbie accessories do the same thing in the dark... and so do Littlest Pet Shops...

Trooper Thorn said...

You get to be an ad hoc judge in the Smelliest Fart Contest, but there is no honorarium.

Jody said...

LOL oh these are oh so true LOL!! I have two boy's :D. So I know very well what you mean hehe!! The Lego thing is a given and also at least for us stepping on Hot Wheel Cars LOL!!

Anonymous said...

That's so sweet! ... Though I have to admit to being thankful that some of those don't apply to my boys. *rofl*

a Tonggu Momma said...

HaHaHaHa!!!! (Wimp.) Actually, it's that you are intelligent, unlike me, since only a complete idiot would do what I did. :)

My two nephews lived with us for six months, so I achieved a small glimpse into the world of boys during that time. You are so right in your list!