Thursday, July 17, 2008

House update #1

I think we're going to hold off purchasing that one house, mainly because it's on a First right of Refusal right now AND since we've not sold our house already our downpayment (which is tied up in equity) is well...non-existant.

:)

I think, given that, our best option is going to be to build that house and specify "max of 7 months until closing" kind of deal. If we're ready and the house is ready we can close earlier. Otherwise, closing in Feb/March 2009.

*stress starts floating away*

It gives us both time to prep the house, get it sold, and save up for a larger down payment.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds very reasonable. You know, houses are not meant to be impulse purchases!

I also wonder, when you said that other house had everything you needed -- does that mean room for four kids? ;-)

MB said...

good luck C! You shouldn't be impulsive with a house - too much money to regret it later! Things happen for a reason (I know, cliche, but it's true!). Keep on saving and you'll build that DREAM house!!!

Carla said...

Well, it wasn't exactly an impulse as we've been looking at various new houses and houses online for 7 months now.

Yes, it has room for 4 kids, but to start with one of the kids bedrooms will be the computer/office room. If we end up with 4 kids, then the game room is large enough to hold the computers. :)