Friday, May 30, 2008

The never ending day - part1

Our first day of vacation started at 5am. A rather early 5am. We got to see the sunrise in Atlanta it was so early. I'm not one for seeing sunrise. Since I'm not one to see the sunrise often, this means I'm not a morning person at all. No pictures prior to Williamsburg.

In fact, this was my first photo of the trip

and I was quickly distracted by a ladybug. Dh humored me by walking on toward Colonial Williamsburg, leaving me to photograph the little ladybug. I won't bore with with how many photos I took, but this was one of my favorites. ;)

JM wasn't too sure about the entire "historical" thing, until we went into the Guardhouse. There we saw something that got his attention, and they were over 200 years old. Some older than George Washington himself (that impressed Dh).

You can see by the look on his face the dawning understanding that this might not be too bad.

Samuel, on the other hand, wasn't convinced yet (gotta love his shilouette here)

Samuel wanted to touch and play with everything, it was a challenge to keep his attention to things he could touch!

Katie, well, she just wanted to walk and stretch.

2 comments:

Cheri said...

The look on JM's face is priceless! I love the ladybug photo too. I can't wait to hear more about your trip.

LucisMomma said...

I love that silhouette photo! That needs a frame.

Love that swing--at our old house we had one just like that, the ropes were about 40 ft. long. You could swing forever! Luci's scared of all swings, too, don't know why.

PS--the tag post is on my blog today. I did copy some of your answers, but you got credit for them. :)