Monday, May 26, 2008

Happy Memorial Day!

We're home from vacation, tired and brains stuffed full of new and interesting things learned in our country's capital. I think I have around 5gigs of photos to go through (I shoot raw, so it's not really as many photos as one would think). One day, after the house is set to rights again, I will fill everyone in on our wonderful family vacation.

But for today, well, after a week spent learning about the history of our nation, seeing such places as Arlington Cemetary, and teaching the boys all about WHY we have memorials for World War 2, Vietnam, etc., I want to encourage everyone to stop and think for a moment about the men and women who have served our country, who have given their lives so that we might be free. Free to write in blogs such as these.

One of my favorite quotes from the trip:

"Freedom is not Free."

3 comments:

The Princess's Mommy said...

We loved our trip to DC! Glad you had a good time. Can't wait to hear all about it!

Yes, RUN to the Disney Store. They should have marked down again by now!

Monica

Cheri said...

I for one am glad you are home! I missed our chats on the phone! That was a long time!!! (Can you tell I mean it! ;) ) LOL Love Ya!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you came to DC and didn't even tell me! I mean, we were out of town, but it would have been nice to meet you all!