Saturday, January 05, 2008

So I went to the Post Office...

and I shipped 3 packages and bought a sheet of Disney stamps (have you seen them? oh so cute)

and then I thought, I'm right here by Wally-world, why don't I go check to see if they have that Crib CD thing. They did not, but they did have socks for Katie, Dh's diet cola drinks, Luvs diapers, Goodnights, and that Baby Einstein Mirror book. They also had extremely LOOOOOOONG check out lines. 2 express checkouts were open, with about 20 carts each.

30 minutes later, I was walking out of Wally-world.

and then I though, I bet giant baby store has that crib CD thing. So I drove across town to giant baby store. I bypassed getting a cart because I was ONLY getting the crib CD thing.

and then I saw a red balloon. Huh? What's with the red balloon? Extra 30% off of clearance prices? Making this DRESS $8.75?! Okay, size 24 months for next Christmas for Katie.

and then...3 more balloons? Really? A pooh sweatsuit for $4.80? OH this pretty outfit for $4.80? and this ONE? Pretty soon I had 20 outfits in my hands.

and then, you know, I really need a cart. So I head to the front of the store to get a cart. I pass by a table with pacifiers on it. STRAIGHT nipple pacifiers. Only in blue though. Hm...perhaps if I go look over there with the other baby supplies. I pick up the blue pack just in case, get my cart, and head to the baby supplies. I find a pink set. Perfect.

and then, OH YEAH, the crib CD thing. So I walk to the back of the store and look around the cribs. No CD player thing. I walk to the toys. No crib CD player thing. I walk to the special gift area. No crib CD player thing. I walk by the "Red Balloons" again, and OH look that's a cute outfit....and another and another....oh...ummm...crib CD thing.

I head back to baby supplies (the only place other than the car seat aisles) that I had not checked. I look down through the monitors. No luck, but there is a new Deluxe Angel Care baby monitor. If we ever have another newborn, then that is the one I would want. Next aisle was bath toys. Then diaper pails (and I wonder if we need one or not). Last aisle and I'm giving up hope when I spy...

a PRINCESS bib!!! Katie doesn't have any real "toddler" style bibs. I debate on the plasticized cloth ones or the white terry cloth one that has PRINCESS embroidered on it. I go with the one that says Princess.

and then I remember my quest for a crib CD thingy. So I look on the other side of the aisle and find a "I-crib" thingy. It's on clearance for $20. Not included in the extra 30% off as that only applied to clothes and shoes. But it needs us to have an MP3 player or an I-pod.

seriously, we don't OWN any.

and then, I spy, right next to it, the crib CD thingy!!!! It's $40. Has a night light a timer...and attaches to the crib. Oh joy joy joy!!!! I can go back to the clothes. Priorities you know. I walk to red balloons, park the cart, and pull out my only calculator - my cell phone.

and then I enter in all the clothes (well half) and make a mistake and accidently clear the screen. I re-enter all the numbers and am about to press equals...the phone rings. It's Dh. He wants to know where I am and if I'm okay. Because I was going to the Post Office and it's now been about 2 hours. I tell him all of the above.

and then I remember he has access to a calculator so I ask him what is 70% of $12.50? of $6.90? of $5.50? Then I start trying to figure out which outfits I truly LOVE, which I like, and which I can live without. I'm down to 3 outfits.

and then I spy some sweatsuits and outfits on clearance but without a red balloon! They are included, just the red balloon was taken off. Sneaky people. I'm back up to 6 outfits now. I swear to myself that I am leaving. I really am....but I spy Valentine's outfits. I find a cute shirt for Katie for this year. I'm really leaving this time.

and then I see it...a perfect outfit for next fall - Disney Princess windsuit! It's 3T though. I want 2t. So I chase down the sales clerks, and ask "Where did this come from because I've been all over the store and I can't find it's rack and I really want a 2t so do you have anymore somewhere?" It's from giant toy store affliate. So I buy it anyway and pledge to go to giant toy store affliate to find the 2t and exchange.

and then....yes THEN I head home. Where I feed Katie dinner, tell Dh I want to go to giant toy store and I need C batteries for crib cd thing. So we go out to eat, drive to giant toy store - I find 2t outfit and exchange, we drive to computer store closing down to get laptop bag...we remember C batteries...there are none there...and drive to Red bullseye store, where I get batteries and container for receipts....

and then, yes THEN I'm headed home for the night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are seriously cracking me up!! Isn't shopping for a girl fun?! You are going to be broke by the time she's two at this rate! LOL Enjoy...you've waiting a long time for this! Debbie L

Anonymous said...

I guess I should be glad that Zoe's kept me soooo busy with her growth spurt I haven't been able to shop! LOL

Kathy