I went shopping for some clothes for next winter for Katie, and a few outfits for the spring/summer. Shocking, I know. I bought quite a bit with the knowledge that I would return some of it. I showed each piece to Katie for her opinion. The pink dress she smiled and clapped for. I showed her the hot pink jeans outfit, she squealed in delight. I showed her (with the same enthusiasm) a lime green sweater with jeans outfit. She gave me this look like "You've got to be kidding me." I showed her the Hot Pink Jeans outfit again, more squeals. The lime green continued to get evil looks. I excitedly held up this blue sweater with a snowman on it (with jeans of course). She blew me a raspberry. I showed her the pink coat - happy claps. I showed her the silver/pink shoes (Stride Rite tennis shoes in a matte silver)...happy squeals and claps. Held up a ladybug outfit - with sparkly ladybugs. It's RED and white...and elicited frowns. If this wasn't enough to convince me...while in Strasburg store (huge clearance sale....), I held up a pink dress and a purple dress. Both gorgeous, both would look great on her ...she picked the pink. Of course she picked the pink one.
Now, most of the time she wears whatever I buy or whatever I pick out. She'll wear it happily, even if it is blue. ;) However, if you give her the choice she wants pink. Or a dress. Or sparkly.
But don't forget, she picked the ball over the tiara. LOL
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I love your Katie-Bug! She is absolutely adorable. Isn't having a girl after boys so much fun?!
I love that she picked the ball--but that it had a princess on it! That is so funny. Luci's the same way. Princess everything, and if it's pink, then it's even better!
thanks for visiting my blog, I'll be a regular visitor to yours. We got home with Luci at 10 months of age 2 1/2 years ago. Time really flies.
susan
Gotta love a girl who knows what she wants! That is a VERY cute story! She is a HOOT!
Sonya
Post a Comment