Okay, the rest of the family has been told...I think. If not, it's all Dh's fault! I felt like I needed to tell them in person Katie's good news. :)
The doctor did the ??? and looked at the heart:
#1 - NO tricuspid valve regurgitation
#2 - the PFO really did close as per the 8 month ultrasound that was done
#3 - the PDA is still "barely" there. It is so itty bitty tiny that there is nothing that they can do for it at this point. Likely she'll have it the rest of her life, but it might still close (doubtful though).
#4 - No other abnormalities found
I asked what this meant. The doctor said that we should consider her as having a normal heart. I asked about restrictions. He said none. Thinking this was almost too good to be true, I asked specifically about going to Disney (priorities you know). ;) He told us that the signs on the rides that say "Do not ride this ride if you have a heart condition" do NOT apply to Katie.
He wants to see her again in 3 years just to check and make sure the PDA is not any larger (he doesn't expect it to be).
Isn't that the best news?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
So glad to hear your good news! We'll be in Disney in April - have fun!
Melissa
Congratulations! That's terrific news!
I don't know how I found your blog, but Katie-Bug being a heart baby had me bookmark it and periodically check back in. My Sophie-Bug was also a heart baby whose PDA closed all on its own and her PFO is so tiny that they suspect it will close by the time she is 3 as well. Miracles of miracles for our beautiful daughter!!
Congratulations!! Your daughter has a beutiful, strong, perfect heart, but I you know you knew that all along in yours... thank God!
Post a Comment