Friday, January 04, 2008

Can I have a do-over?

It started BRIGHT and early this morning, like at 6am. Katie had her cardiology appointment at 7:45am. Getting us all up, out the door, and find this new doctor's office was a chore. We were about 5 minutes late.

Report from this appointment will be forthcoming! :)

We got home around 8:30am (yes really quick appointment, being first does have it's advantages). The boys did some schoolwork, Samuel took a nap, Katie and I took a nap...I burned some rice. I fed the boys and Katie lunch. Called my Mom.

12:30 and I remembered Karate! Yelled at the boys to find their Gis, tried not to laugh at Samuel wearing JM's gi pants from his old gi. Found the new ones. Got everyone in the van. We got to Karate about 5 minutes late.

Sat and visited with the other Karate Moms. Talked to one mom there at the end of class and remembered...the RICE. I forgot to turn off the boiling pot of rice. Begged my friend to bring the boys home, raced home (with Katie) to find my rice was well and truly burnt. ;)

Put Katie down for a nap (it was 2pm after all). Had Samuel work on school work. Had JM study his spelling words. Tried to stay awake. Katie woke up at 4:15pm. I realized it was past time to make it to JM's birthday party (luckily only 5 minutes up the road). On the way I remember that I forgot pizza, drinks, plates, party favors....good thing Dh was picking up the cupcakes that I had only ordered the night before.

Get to the party and I remember I forgot the Lunchable Pizza for my friend's little boy who is allergic to eggs and tomatoes. I felt TERRIBLE. The party location had "favors" I could buy, we ordered Pizza and drinks as well. We're at the party, visiting with friends and someone is using my camera to take photos of all the kids! YEAH!!!

I forgot the CF cards for the camera.

Luckily I had the point and shoot in the diaper bag, but all those first good images were not on any memory card.

I hope tomorrow is a better day. LOL

1 comment:

bbmomof2boys said...

oh no!!! What a day! But you did make it through with no "major" problems - that's a good thing. Let us know how her appointment went. We are STILL waiting for our referral - maybe this next list?

~Carla