Because I don't want to forget...
*Katie sings...LOUDLY..."Daaaa daaaaa...dadadadada....daaaaaaaaa" We call it the Daddy Song.
*When I went into her room this evening because she was making noises, I found her bent over with her head in the corner of her crib and her feet inching closer to her head. It was like she was trying to stand on her head. I laughed and scared her to death.
*This morning, laying in bed with me, she smiled big and patted me on the chest and said "My Momma." yes, I melted. Into a huge puddle of goo. It wasn't pretty. ;)
*Samuel and Katie will play with each other in the van. They blow raspberries back and forth. LOUDLY. The spittle flies. Doesn't that make you want to ride with us?
*The boys love to announce the obvious. "Mom, Katie's crying again." In the van.
*Samuel popped the bottom of the baby gate at the top of our stairs out and announced, "It's like a doggy door! I can just crawl through." He's my "baby gate jumping" challenged child. Poor thing just can't get over them.
*Katie was not wanting to go to bed (what else is new), and we did the signs for eat and drink asking if she wanted food or a bottle. She laughingly tilted her face up and did a combined sign. Guess she wanted both.
*Katie was given money by my Great Aunt for Christmas. We took her to Tar-jay to spend it. She first fell in love with some Care Bear figures. Then we found Princess Tiaras. Then Princess Wands. Then a Princess tea set. Then a Princess Cell phone. The Cell Phone was "it" until we went down the baby doll aisle. She loved the little dolls that are motion activated and cry and move their heads. I held firm to those big eyes (not to mention those dolls kind of creeped me out). Then the next aisle, Katie got all excited. She saw a ball. A pink ball with Princesses on it. She threw that cell phone into the back of the cart and kicked her feet, squealed, and clapped her hands. She wanted that ball. Since it was actually in the "money budget" she had, she got her ball! :) I avoided that creepy moving doll.
*The boys gathered up all their money, and bought a new Wii game. It's a Beijing 2008 olympics one. Pretty cool.
*Getting the kids to bed is more interesting now. Samuel has a chapter book he's being read to, Katie gets a bottle, snuggle/cuddle, music and put to bed...again and again and again...JM reads while Samuel is being read to, then he and Dad "bond" over a television show. We're raising a Trekkie you'll be happy to know. Ensuring future geekdom for our eldest. Like he had a chance!
*In the van today, listening to Raffi because apparently adult songs are out of my life for the next 5 years or so, I was singing along..."...there were 5 little speckled frogs, sitting on a *something* log, eating the most delicious bugs...YUM! YUM!..." when I hear a cute little voice sing "YUMMMMM YUMMMMMMMMMM!" at the top of her lungs.
*Later on the Raffi CD, I was singing along to the Old MacDonald has a BAND song, and that same little LOUD voice sings "EEEEEEE I, EEEEEEEE I, EEEEEEEEEEEEEE, OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"
*Samuel, not to be outdone, while walking through Lowes, starts singing our State Song. He's got the first verse down (well sort of), then he hums the tune. Excitedly he exclaims, "MOM! I just hummed the 2nd verse to the state song!" Yeah, ummm, doesn't that mean he hummed the first verse and since the 2nd verse would sound just like the first...LOL I did praise him.
*Looking at cabinet door hardware (Oh honey, I want to go to Lowes and look at that soon with you), Samuel picked out the BLUE straight handles for his room. They are $8 (not sure if that is apiece or a set of 3). I did find some knobs for Katie's drawers that need replaced...47cents each. They're pink. Katie agreed that they would look good. ;) She clapped for them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment