Friday, March 07, 2008

Welcome to my blog!!



I'm joining in the fun at the Ultimate Blog Party, so I think I might need to introduce ourselves to the 1 or 2 new people who visit my blog this week.

I'm Carla, sole writer of the blog even though I wish Dh would write something sometime. We have 3 amazing kids. I know everyone says that about their own kids, but it's true.

JM is our oldest. He's survived being the guinea pig of our parenting skills so far, and we hope he turns out okay in the end. At least, we hope he still loves us when he grows up. He's 9, but thinks he should be allowed to do anything that teenagers get to do like play "T" games on the Playstation. When asked what he likes to do, or what interests him, he'll likely say "I don't know." But he's a yellow belt in Karate, he plays baseball, he likes to read (sometimes fiction, but mostly DK books). He loves all things related to space - from Star Wars and other sci fi shows to learning about our own space program. When he was 5 he told us he wanted to go to Mars when he grew up. He just might make it. You'll be here to hold my hand won't you?

Samuel is our middle child. He's our child that has benefited from our mistakes with JM, but is also the guinea pig for our NEW theories. He's 5.5 (that half is very important) and can't wait to start playing baseball. He's also in Karate and almost a yellow belt. He wants so badly to be just like his big brother, and we're trying to teach him that he's GREAT just as he is. We hope he loves us when he grows up as well, and that he actually grows to be taller than his Mom (he should, but barely). While he may be a little small in size (36 pounds at 5.5 and just about 42 inches tall), his heart is BIG. We're not sure what he wants to be yet, but it will be fun I'm sure.

Katie is our little girl and youngest. We adopted her in December, so she's been with us for 3 months now. We threw out the theories with her, and just love on her. She makes it easy so far, but I know the day is coming when she'll join the ranks of all other almost two year olds and throw a temper tantrum. I hope to capture it on video when she does...I'm sure it'll be cute. We are in love with her, and it is our hope that she loves us when she is an adult. We know what she wants to be when she grows up...a PRINCESS! :)

Dh is the resident computer genius, and a wonderful father. He truly is. While I cringe at the yucky side of raising kids, he walks right in and takes care of it. He has ER duty...I have dirty diaper duty. Works out in my mind. ;) He's a great husband and I would marry him again without hesitation. I can't imagine going through life and raising these kids without him. I hope I never have to learn.

Me? Oh me. I do not like talking about myself. I'm a Mom, who stays home with the kids. I homeschool them (but really Dh and I do that together). I try to clean the house, and keep us stocked with food and clean clothes. Some weeks are better than others. I also take photos. Lots of photos. I scrapbook, read, blog, take photos, scrapbook, read, blog....and I love talking about, reading about, and thinking about adoption.

If you are interested in adoption, just ask. If you want to read some other great people who adopted...there are lots of links to adoption blogs. If you want to talk about photography, then just ask and I'll send you to some great blogs about that as well (or forums).

Here's a photo of me and my little girl (aren't I just lovely without makeup, hair pulled back, and a 5 year old taking the photo? at least I'm keeping it true to life)


Here's my Hubby and I at the Lover's Tree in Beijing


a photo of the start of our family of 5...Not a happy little girl.



and Prizes? Did someone mention prizes?

My top 3 would be:

#1 - the rocking horse offered by A Rocking Horse to Love, oh my wouldn't Katie love that (and Samuel) and then think of the PROP usage for the photography? But I'm in LOVE with the Play Kitchens. :) The ladybug "rocking horse" and then..swoon that airplane rocking toy!

#34 - the Princess could use a tu-tu from LiveLoveDance don't you think?

and #45 - blog design - *swoon* a full blog design? from Blog Designs by Summer I would love this one for ME!


If those are not available, the following would be cool too...in no particular order. Really, anything I could win would be fun.

#67, 66, 81, 88, or 102

Honestly, I would be thrilled to win ANYTHING and do not expect it. I just enjoy reading the blogs I find my way to through this. I would love anything really, related to the ages of my kids (9, 5, and 1) or something a Mom who has not time for herself...or anything else you think I would like!

10 comments:

Alene said...

Thanks for sharing. Love the pics of the children. Blessings and enjoy the party!

Nadine said...

Thank you for sharing about you and your lovely family. Great pictures. The kids are adorable.

Have fun at all the parties.

Anonymous said...

oh, aren't your kiddos precious! i know what you mean about hoping the first turn out okay! lol
Happy party hopping!

Anonymous said...

I hope to adopt a daughter from China one day!

I'm inviting you to party with me!

Win some chocolate from my-sister-in-law and I...we blog about CHOCOLATE...me from Australia...and her from Michigan. Here's the link: http://thechocolistas.blogspot.com/2008/03/ultimate-blog-party-2008.html

What am I doing in Australia? I married an Aussie...and moved to Brisbane, leaving my family and friends and all the right-side-of-the-road drivers in America.

Win a handmade pocket place mat from my blog Comfort Joy Designs. Here's the link:
http://comfortjoydesigns.blogspot.com/2008/03/ultimate-blog-party-2008.html

Want to know more about life in Australia? Visit my A Cup of Joy site where I keep up with my family and friends in America. Here's the link:
http://acupofjoy.wordpress.com/

Happy Partying!

MomOf4 said...

Your family is beautiful! I am a momma of 3 kiddos as well. Princess is 6 1/2, Prince is 4 1/2, and Knight is 3. You have a very neat blog! :)

Anonymous said...

You have the cutest kids. I'm a photoholic, too. It was nice visiting your party. You are invited to mine!

Anonymous said...

It's always great to meet a fellow scrapbooker :) You have adorable kids and congrats on the newest addition to your family!
Happy UBP and I will be back to read more, definitely!
Hugs, Lisa ~ TheScrapPrincess

lara said...

Great introduction, your children are precious.

Jennifer C. Valerie said...

Just stopped by via the blog party. Isn't this fun! Have a great day!

Unknown said...

Beautiful family.

Still hopping from blog to blog... my goal is to post at each blog at least once. Nice to meet you. Happy blogging!