First up, Friday night. We got to Grandma's house late, about 9pm, and she had it all set up to actually dye Easter eggs. I was going to just go with the plastic eggs, but traditions held strong!
Katie was amazed at the magically changing color eggs.


But I think she liked "marking" them up more, but only with the pink marker. I tried to give her the yellow one, but she handed it back. I tried the blue and she shook her head.


John Mark (needing another fingernail trim) showing off his GREEN egg. Notice his carton in the background? It's, well, a little monochromatic don't you think?!

close up of his "egg carton" Gosh I love that kid! He's just so much fun, and he definitely knows what he likes!

Katie and her cousin "Dee-uhhhhn" while we finished up the big kids eggs. Dylan (or oh my gosh is it Dillon? I'm having a "mom-nesia" moment and can not remember...I think it's Dylan though) told Katie to share that tea set! It was quite the non-verbal discussion between the two of them.


Grandma bought all her grandkids an Easter surprise! Samuel happily showed us the chocolate bunny and candy filled eggs. Mitchell (Dylan's older brother and yes I know how to spell his name) could not wait to eat that candy. Supposedly they did not, but I'm thinking those 3 bigger boys conspired to eat some of it that night. Spending the night with your cousins is the best thing I believe. Especially at holidays. I'm so excited that my boys get to experience that fun.


Saturday we got up and went to visit MY grandmother, the kids' Great Grandmother. Those photos...well, I didn't take them with the point and shoot, so they'll have to be uploaded later. Suffice it to say, lots of people, great fun, so happy to see everyone...Katie was overwhelmed.
Sunday! :) We sadly have no photos from earlier than the egg hunt. We didn't put the kids in Easter clothes either...it was COLD!
Katie never did get the full hang of "egg hunting" as she would look at the eggs and point. She thought it was great fun when the neighbor's dog grabbed the pink real egg and took off with it.

One of our best hidden eggs! That yellow blended perfectly with the yellow of the forsythia bush!

Look at Samuel finding eggs! He finally was able to compete with JM this year in finding eggs. In fact, he saw (with a tiny bit of help of me picking him up to LOOK for the yellow egg) one hard to find egg, grabbed another when JM went to get it (ooh that was close), and managed to find other "hard to find" eggs this year. :)

A snapshot during the egg hunt...Samuel running off, and while it may look like JM and Mitchell posed...I promise, they were not. Probably not even aware I was taking the photo!

The big kids are looking for the $5 prize egg...skillfully hidden in an adult's pocket. The game of "hot or cold" was quite interesting with a egg that moved.
BTW - that's me (far left), my Mom (back to us...boy is she going to kill me for that), and my sister (right)
and then, one TIRED little girl who slept over half of the way home today.

2 comments:
Super cute! I love the last picture of Katie sleeping. I can't believe how fast her hair is growing. The boys look great too!
You have such a great family!
Love that pink nail polish on Katie. I trim and paint Luci's nails every Sunday morning before we head out to Sunday school and church.
Post a Comment