Saturday, March 01, 2008

Working on photos from China





I've been inspired to get our adoption slideshow/video done. I was also inspired by the nags from fellow travel mates wanting photos! LOL

I'm through Beijing, currently I'm on the Kunming photos.

I hit a snag though. Emotions. I did not expect all the emotions to hit me with this. I see the fear in Katie's eyes. I see the confusion. My heart aches for her, and who she was then.

I hear the sounds of the room in my head. I see the sights I remembered and many I do not remember at all. I remember the craziest details, yet had forgotten that it was cold in the room. Very cold to us.

I forgot how short Jerry was.

Kathy and Cheri...I'm going to be sending you emails with images attached.

2 comments:

LucisMomma said...

oh, wow. The emotions hit hard for quite a while. I was so emotional the whole first year. It was really like post-partum stuff where your hormones are just mixed up.

You are so pretty! You should put more of YOU on your blog. :)

Cheri said...

Carla, what would I have done without you! Thanks for all the pictures! I hear you about all the emotions. I saw the one you sent me of Lia leaning back, can't wait to look at some of mine where she is actually pushing away!

I too think your pretty! You need to have your hubby to take picture of you and Katie! :)