Tuesday, June 03, 2008

I pulled the plug.

Oh yes I did! Can you believe it? We no longer have cable of any kind. We can only get over the air through the antenna. Wow. Shocked?

Why did we do this? Well, we had been talking about it for a few months, and basically we were spending roughly $50 a month for all these channels we NEVER watch. I asked Dh, "Do you get $50 worth of benefit from the TV? I know I don't." It boiled down to only keeping it for the Sci Fi channel, and since they video stream some of the shows we watch online we can do that. OR we can wait until the end of the season and buy the DVD collection (like we've been doing anyway).

Our goal, with the savings, is to either pay for Disney OR purchase a Blu-ray player and new Blu-ray movies.

We still get PBS though. So far the kids haven't missed it. I'll let you know when we finally miss it.

5 comments:

Carla said...

Okay, only pay for a portion of Disney....or at least the GAS to get there!

M-A said...

LOL

That is so cool!
I just had this conversation with DH, but he refuses to listen to reason.

you go!

Anonymous said...

We haven't had cable for years, for that very same reason!! (Though the kids are wishing we had Animal Planet, the Disney Channel, and the Hallmark Channel. *lol*)

LucisMomma said...

I am too attached to the tv! I admit it, I am the one who has the problem. Do I start my 12 step treatment now?

love the comments about "visiting the gardens and having mom take some photos!" That is hilarious.

Anonymous said...

Wow -- I tried to get my husband to just DOWNGRADE our cable, but it's just not happening. It's a little over $90 a month. Cancelling that could definitely pay for a trip somewhere good!