Okay, I recently tried to turn in my resignation, but they wouldn't accept it. I tried to insist that I was not needed as evidenced by the attitudes that surround me on a daily basis. They didn't budge on their refusal to accept my quitting.
They wouldn't let me quit being Mom.
I wanted to quit doing their laundry, cleaning their bathroom, cleaning their room, changing their sheets, cleaning up their messes, cooking their meals, keeping them on task for learning work, insisting on karate practice, insisting on therapy work, and yes...telling them to brush their teeth.
I wanted to stop doing all that work, I wanted to sit and relax and read my book. The 3 board members didn't accept that at all. I'm still Mom....with a house to clean, groceries to buy, clothes to wash/dry/fold/put away...and perhaps eventually I will get a book read again. Maybe?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I'm thinking you should look at a hostile take over :)
Hold on wait... can we just go strike at least??? LOL
Let me know if you find a way around your three adorable-oh!! I mean uncooperating board members.
Blessings!!
Feeling the EXACT same way. I agree with the strike. I even spoke to all three of mine, one is DH about not doing laundry for one week and just seeing what happened. I know what would happen. They would wear every last article of clothing they own and I'd still have a week's worth of laundry to do. :)
Been there!
Sometimes I want to quit too but the housework won't let me... hehehe... seems I am 'neglecting' the housework due to my camera... hahaha... umm... I wonder who had a hand in that one???? hahahahahaha
Post a Comment