Friday, June 06, 2008

Take Me Out to the Ballgame!

As we were in Washington DC and it's the inaugural season in the new stadium for the Washington Nationals, Dh wanted to see a game. I mean, REALLY wanted to see a game. I told him that we should stick with the "cheap seats" and we could wait until we got there and just buy them at the gate. Good plan!

We got there Tuesday night, for a game against the Phillies, we were there about "right at game time" and thought "we'll get in by the 2nd or 3rd inning. Wrong. We stood in line for 45-60 minutes, and still had at least 30 minutes to go. Dh was keeping track of the game on his "crackberry" and they were already in the 4th inning. We decided to just go on back to the hotel. I mean, what is the point if we don't get to the ticket window until around the 7th inning at the earliest!

We decided to go back, get online and purchase tickets online to be picked up at "Will Call" the next night. It worked! Like a charm! However, we failed to looked at the weather forecast prior to purchasing tickets and it was cold. AND wet.

Beautiful view of the Washington Monument in the sunset....


Did I mention we wanted "cheap seats" as we knew Katie would not stay long? Can't get much cheaper than this.


It was quite chilly way up there in the nosebleed section.

Just how far WERE we actually?

See that fence? It surrounds the top of the stadium. That would be Row X people. The TOP ROW. *faint*


So, how was the game actually? It was supposedly a great game. High scoring. The boys did get to see a homerun, which was exciting. However, with the cold night air, the over abundance of teens hopping in and out of their seats around us (and walking over the rows, standing in front of us, etc.) we did not stay long. Katie and I stayed even less time than the boys did. She wanted to walk around.

Here she is in motion, please ignore the sound...

I'm asking her how she is, how old she has to be to do something...and then how old is she (we're working on that now). She responded in her gibberish but you can't understand her with the crowd noise and wind noise.

5 comments:

bbmomof2boys said...

Baseball! Love it! Really, after going to ballgames for 14 years now I had better love it!

Hey - you've asked if we are going to Beijing - no - sadly we are not. We are flying in and out of Hong Kong so we won't be going to the jade market. Sorry!!

Hugs,
Carla

LucisMomma said...

"crackberry"--funny! My brother is as addicted to his blackberry as if it were crack!

Jody said...

Looks like a lot of fun!! Too cute about your daughter!

Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

You maybe have been far away but it is still fun to 'be there'... the Nationals Spring Training ground is not far from me and we go and have a great time in the tiny stadium... wish it were the Red Sox there but I can't get picky... take care

a Tonggu Momma said...

Hey! I recognize that stadium! I'm glad you stopped by my blog so that I could find you. Your children are too cute. I was glad to hear you made it home safely from my neck of the woods, although I wouldn't say your return trip was without incident. Yikes! That was some day.